• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rhyme

Reaction score
Sold a pair of mismatched, 2 different size pair of Gucci loafers, new without box. Buyer opened a return saying they non authentic because they hurt her feet and her pair is authentic.

My last message was "you are aware that this is mismatched" . Her response was "yup, they fake"

Screenshot_20211013-010305~2.png

eBay response
Screenshot_20211013-010345.png

Any chance of me fighting this and geting to keep my money or chalk it as a loss and move on?

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sold a pair of mismatched, 2 different size pair of Gucci loafers, new without box. Buyer opened a return saying they non authentic because they hurt her feet and her pair is authentic.

My last message was "you are aware that this is mismatched" . Her response was "yup, they fake"

View attachment 1684362

eBay response View attachment 1684363

Any chance of me fighting this and geting to keep my money or chalk it as a loss and move on?
Not worth the time or effort.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Not worth the time or effort.
+1, eBay System is F**** up, when ppl state false statements. If you have an Invoice from the manufacture you can state orginal and are 80% good to go.
You are lucky that it is national return, had a joker from Miami did that to me and I paid for return shipping to Austria (60$). And guess what the items where as desribed.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wait, has anyone on here traded something on Grailed?

I see people mention it in listings, but how does it work?

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, has anyone on here traded something on Grailed?

I see people mention it in listings, but how does it work?

In my experience Grailed is garbage.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ouch. IMO opinion ebay is the only platform worth using.

I guess it just depends on what you’re selling, and maybe how much.

As a buyer, there are definitely advantages to each. This year, I snagged some incredible deals that would never have passed eBay’s stupid “other items have sold for this much” thingie. (One was so cheap, I felt bad, and straight up told the lady she should list for higher, but she was nice and didn’t care.)

Selling, I haven’t really noticed a difference except there are many more return attempts on eBay. They just seem to have learned to scam the system. That’s why I got booted — I let return cases close on their own, so people looking to wear something once, then return, would at least be inconvenienced.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess it just depends on what you’re selling, and maybe how much.

As a buyer, there are definitely advantages to each. This year, I snagged some incredible deals that would never have passed eBay’s stupid “other items have sold for this much” thingie. (One was so cheap, I felt bad, and straight up told the lady she should list for higher, but she was nice and didn’t care.)

Selling, I haven’t really noticed a difference except there are many more return attempts on eBay. They just seem to have learned to scam the system. That’s why I got booted — I let return cases close on their own, so people looking to wear something once, then return, would at least be inconvenienced.

There is too much abuse of returns on ebay, no doubt. Just block, refund and move on...easier said than done. As for the others, I still have a small presence on Poshmark but that is low volume and mostly populated by lowballers. The percentage out outright dishonest buyers on Grailed and The Real Real is IME much higher than on ebay.

I have next-level contempt for The Real Real. Their fee structure is screwy and they WILL use the pricing system to screw you.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, man. Yeah, I never even tried to sell there. Just buying stuff, it’s clear they’re disorganized; the measurements are always wrong too….

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C A M E R A S

What does everyone use? Would like to upgrade to something more permanent soon and I'm interested to hear people's opinions on what type, brand, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads