• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rafael Tompoulis

Reaction score
If the seller doesn't sell items very often, they may not log onto their ebay account every day. I'd try sending a second message. Also, if you go to checkout, you should see a button that says "request total from seller" to prompt them to combine the shipping. Not sure if that option is still even available after the recent site changes, its been a while since I've used it as a buyer myself.
Thank you for the thought. Actually I did not find such a button sadly, and I think that is because I clicked the button that said "pay now" in order to show me the bank credentials of the seller, since she does not accept PayPal.
I did sent a second message two days ago and today I sent another one. Let's see what will happen.

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, shipping back will cost more than the actual item itself. It is now in USA, shipped via Fedex Express ( 2 days) from EU.

Doesn't Fedex do an automatic return to sender if it's not able to deliver? If not then definitely contact the buyer (so you have a paper trail for ebay showing good faith) and then contact ebay if he doesn't respond in a reasonable time.

notdos

Reaction score
Oh come on! Like seriously? Wouldn't you be frustrated by that? First of all both items were auctions and secondly even if I sent a message, she would not answer.
Who does not answer their messages, when I have already sent 2 and I was veeery kind and polite about it? And who would pay double the shipping costs? That is common logic guys.

Well I tried that way...
Yep, seriously! Did I misunderstand and you asked before you purchased?
Buyers that buy and then ask questions are a huge pain ********** for sellers. All you have to do is go back and read through this thread. You don’t buy, and then start asking questions. Many sellers won’t respond to questions after the sale. They’ve done their part, now your part is to pay. Very simple process. Best of luck.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Doesn't Fedex do an automatic return to sender if it's not able to deliver? If not then definitely contact the buyer (so you have a paper trail for ebay showing good faith) and then contact ebay if he doesn't respond in a reasonable time.
Hi, i have contacted the buyer now 2 times.
Maybe thats how it works in USA, I can now choose, item destruction or pay for label.
Maybe Iam lucky when I write ebay.

Thx

Rafael Tompoulis

Reaction score
I
Well I tried that way...
Yep, seriously! Did I misunderstand and you asked before you purchased?
Buyers that buy and then ask questions are a huge pain ********** for sellers. All you have to do is go back and read through this thread. You don’t buy, and then start asking questions. Many sellers won’t respond to questions after the sale. They’ve done their part, now your part is to pay. Very simple process. Best of luck.
Well I do not accept this logic, but thank you for your message and opinion. I am a seller on ebay too, and I would do anything to satisfy my customers. Probably that is not a thing that everybody does. Let's agree to disagree.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh come on! Like seriously? Wouldn't you be frustrated by that? First of all both items were auctions and secondly even if I sent a message, she would not answer.
Who does not answer their messages, when I have already sent 2 and I was veeery kind and polite about it? And who would pay double the shipping costs? That is common logic guys.

Well it kinda depends. If the seller is in the US & using the Global Shipping program, they can't combine shipping.

Rafael Tompoulis

Reaction score
Well it kinda depends. If the seller is in the US & using the Global Shipping program, they can't combine shipping.
You are right! But it is my fault, because I did not clarify that I am talking about ebay.de (german ebay) and both the seller and myself are in Germany. But thanks a lot!

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I do not accept this logic, but thank you for your message and opinion. I am a seller on ebay too, and I would do anything to satisfy my customers. Probably that is not a thing that everybody does. Let's agree to disagree.
I've run into this as a buyer a couple of times. It's a bit rude on the seller's part not to even answer your message but there's not much you can do as a buyer (unless, of course, you're looking to be truly nasty and are willing to exploit the system to be spiteful).

My preferred technique is to write a sternly-worded message to the seller, delete it, pay anyway and forget about it.

Rafael Tompoulis

Reaction score
I've run into this as a buyer a couple of times. It's a bit rude on the seller's part not to even answer your message but there's not much you can do as a buyer (unless, of course, you're looking to be truly nasty and are willing to exploit the system to be spiteful).

My preferred technique is to write a sternly-worded message to the seller, delete it, pay anyway and forget about it.
You are probably right, maybe I will do that in the exact same order just to forget about it. I know that a negative review "hurts" and I do not want to reach that level of nastiness. I am thinking of waiting a couple of days more and then maybe I will pay and see what happens. Thanks a lot for your answer!

madeinbogota

Reaction score
eBay gripe of the day: sold a Loro sweater with holes pictured in numerous photos and completely described in the listing. Buyer opened up a return, stating that their tailor was unable to mend them. Asked eBay to step in and help, seeing as there's no possible way they could grant a return for a buyer not being able to fix a flaw that was clearly described. But eBay insisted on giving me more ammo to switch platforms, return confirmed and funds on hold. ?‍♂️

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
eBay gripe of the day: sold a Loro sweater with holes pictured in numerous photos and completely described in the listing. Buyer opened up a return, stating that their tailor was unable to mend them. Asked eBay to step in and help, seeing as there's no possible way they could grant a return for a buyer not being able to fix a flaw that was clearly described. But eBay insisted on giving me more ammo to switch platforms, return confirmed and funds on hold. ?‍♂️

If you accept returns, you have to accept it. If the returned item has been altered, you call after receiving it back.

madeinbogota

Reaction score
If you accept returns, you have to accept it. If the returned item has been altered, you call after receiving it back.

I don't accept, which makes it all the more maddening. Just gotta remember, this minor inconvenience won't matter in a year.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I

If I don't respond to a purchaser, its usually because my mama said if I don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.

At which point you're still stuck taking the return but MAYBE ebay will eat the shipping back

rhz5001

Reaction score
I don't accept, which makes it all the more maddening. Just gotta remember, this minor inconvenience won't matter in a year.

It doesn't matter if you accept returns or don't accept returns for SNAD returns. eBay will also never side with you and close out the return prior to it being completed. Those days are long gone unfortunately. Good luck talking to a US rep as well, they are non existent or maybe that's just for peons at my level.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads