• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When did EBay remove the ability to contact a seller on the app? An order was shipped on September 8, and the last tracking update states “shipment received acceptance pending”.

I can’t open an INR case because the estimated arrival shows as September 28 (seller doesn’t state shipping method in the listing and extra long handling time).

FFA52955-19DB-41FF-BC2A-84007069F550.png

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When did EBay remove the ability to contact a seller on the app? An order was shipped on September 8, and the last tracking update states “shipment received acceptance pending”.

I can’t open an INR case because the estimated arrival shows as September 28 (seller doesn’t state shipping method in the listing and extra long handling time).

View attachment 1463882
You have to click the 3 dots next to the listing pic in the "item info" section, then a list of options will pop up. Really odd placement for that menu for sure. Fortunately the return option is in that menu too, so maybe that will cut down on a few frivolous returns for a little while until they move it somewhere more obvious.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to click the 3 dots next to the listing pic in the "item info" section, then a list of options will pop up. Really odd placement for that menu for sure. Fortunately the return option is in that menu too, so maybe that will cut down on a few frivolous returns for a little while until they move it somewhere more obvious.

Thanks! I’m not sure how I missed that...

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else struggling to get boxes from USPS? I've made 3 orders this month and still have yet to see any of them. They're all in "preshipment info sent to USPS" status

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else struggling to get boxes from USPS? I've made 3 orders this month and still have yet to see any of them. They're all in "preshipment info sent to USPS" status
I've got the same on the order I put in on 9/7. I'd be happy if I could just get them to scan the packages that they pick up...

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Well, seems to me that free packaging is an irresistible cancellation target for a pathological profit monger and cost-cutter like Dipshit DeJoy. The OIG were meant to be looking at this issue in the latter part of last year, with a report expected in March 2020, but I cannot find any reference to it having been published. The latest I can find is a report for 2011. Maybe my Google-Fu is sub-par.

According to USPS: "The Postal Service claims the Expedited Packaging Supplies Program generates new revenue, grows business, increases volume for Priority Mail Express and Priority Mail, and improves customer retention and loyalty. Also, according to USPS, costs for providing free packaging supplies are included in the current rate structure of the corresponding mail products (e.g., Priority Mail Express and Priority Mail)."

So we can theorize as to whether there is an intentional hold/slowdown on free supplies (to see how customers react) or whether it's a simple supply chain issue. The longer DeJoy or his ilk are around, the more likely it is that these free supplies will go away. Low-hanging fruit after all, for quick cost "savings". Time will tell.

Meanwhile, I pay frequent visits to my local POs and pillage everything I can find (mostly MFRBs and 1092s). Doesn't help with shoe boxes and padded FR, though, both of which I use a LOT . . .

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - Is there a thread somewhere to announce member eBay auctions? I seem to recall there being one a while back and I've been searching and can't seem to locate it. TIA!

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - Is there a thread somewhere to announce member eBay auctions? I seem to recall there being one a while back and I've been searching and can't seem to locate it. TIA!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads