• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the little things, eh?

Screen Shot 2024-05-27 at 8.38.36 PM.png

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
vuorisamelistingdifferentseller.png

Saw these 4 listings all together side by side on the same row the other day while doing comps.. I would've thought they were all the same seller. The carpet color is exactly the same.

Sort of brings up the issue.. Have y'all noticed how many new sellers are all very similar or the same? They all do the "leaned table with fleece or carpet backing", they all do the "clear slip poly bag with inventory sticker" storage system in those same boxes on shelves all the YT sellers use.

Kind of makes you think whats the point of buying from 1 seller over the other? If we all use exactly the same presentation then the only factor is condition and price. I'm against this kind of standardization and cookiecutter copycattery. Or maybe I'm behind the times and 'these kids today' have figured out a better system and I should adapt or die?

Your thoughts?

goatamous II

Reaction score
We all experience non-payers
but i had a fun one recently

Sold a pair of shoes
Guy doesn't pay. Cancelled, relisted. whatever.
3 weeks later guy reaches out and asks me for a tracking number. I reminded him he didn't pay.

2 days later he buys the shoes again.
Guess who just had their order cancelled for non-payment.

(i blocked this time)

Sartoriamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought I might cross-post here to some eBay selling and luxury items experts. Purchased these through Poshmark. I believe they are Fugazi. Any input would be appreciated.
Way behind the game here, but those are absolutely legit, and maybe the most comfortable shoes you will ever wear.

On a side note, in 25 years of doing this I have never seen fugazi LP, except for a ghastly plastic Chinese camo jacket that has been listed constantly for 15 years but never sells. It is too niche a brand. Scammers prefer blingy stuff, while LP is famously generic looking: "knowing not showing".

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Way behind the game here, but those are absolutely legit, and maybe the most comfortable shoes you will ever wear.

On a side note, in 25 years of doing this I have never seen fugazi LP, except for a ghastly plastic Chinese camo jacket that has been listed constantly for 15 years but never sells. It is too niche a brand. Scammers prefer blingy stuff, while LP is famously generic looking: "knowing not showing".
In Chinese social media, there are TONS of fake LP posted for sale.

Sartoriamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Chinese social media, there are TONS of fake LP posted for sale.
Yeah, fair point, and I suppose not surprising. I guess I should have been more precise in my comment, which relates only to the US/European markets, and my own experience in them. I guess it had to happen eventually. I am not on Chinese social media, nor for that matter, on any US social apps either. But given the ubiquity of Chinese knockoffs, your comment is not at all surprising. More troubling is that it will no doubt find its way here at some point. Sigh. The job never gets easier . . .

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Those fake LP camo jackets are actually rebranded Orvis jackets, at least that’s what the RN indicates.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you for your input. Unfortunately, they were indeed fake. The outcome was less than favorable when I compared them to other examples. In addition, when I contacted the seller, he admitted they were not authentic.

Sartoriamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your input. Unfortunately, they were indeed fake. The outcome was less than favorable when I compared them to other examples. In addition, when I contacted the seller, he admitted they were not authentic.
Well FFS. The apocalypse is finally upon us . . . I'm genuinely shocked, as I have handled many pairs of these (and have them in my own wardrobe). That said, pictures are not the same as the build quality/materials evidenced by handling IRL, so time for me just to shut TF up on this subject, lol. Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur