• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How quickly does your guy's stuff turn over. I know it's really depending on the brand but I've got some things that have been on eBay for about a month now that I really just want gone. But I know that's really not a lot of time to be sitting on eBay.

I don't have a set time limit, but when I'm getting to the point where I just want to get rid of stuff, I'll do a mass low starting bid ($9.99 or so) auction for a bunch of stuff and hope a couple items get a bidding war. I'm getting to that point now. I usually do BINOBO but I need to clear out a little room.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where do you peeps buy plain boxes that will fit shoe boxes? I hit up a sample sale recently and I've got a stack of shoes I need to sell w/ shoe boxes. Stuff like usual size 15 x 8 x 5 for Aldens and CP boxes, I see Priority Mail has no boxes of this size for free.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do you peeps buy plain boxes that will fit shoe boxes? I hit up a sample sale recently and I've got a stack of shoes I need to sell w/ shoe boxes. Stuff like usual size 15 x 8 x 5 for Aldens and CP boxes, I see Priority Mail has no boxes of this size for free.
I buy mine from Uline. I pay $1.05 each for 15x10x6 boxes. They handle Alden and Allen Edmonds boxes nicely. There may be a cheaper option, but Uline's rapid delivery is awesome.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I buy mine from Uline. I pay $1.05 each for 15x10x6 boxes. They handle Alden and Allen Edmonds boxes nicely. There may be a cheaper option, but Uline's rapid delivery is awesome.

Thanks, I like rapid delivery. My office right now is packed with shoes that need to move.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey cool kids, what keywords am I using for these? I want to riff off the new Kanye joints without being too spammy. TIA
@Bahljs
Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 11.53.32 AM.png

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey cool kids, what keywords am I using for these? I want to riff off the new Kanye joints without being too spammy. TIA
@Bahljs
View attachment 842530
Honestly man - I wouldn't know. I'd simply throw the model / numbers as I'm sure hype beasts are hip to this model by now.

eddiegreen

Reaction score
How quickly does your guy's stuff turn over. I know it's really depending on the brand but I've got some things that have been on eBay for about a month now that I really just want gone. But I know that's really not a lot of time to be sitting on eBay.
I only do BIN, if an item has little views/watchers i will reduce price, if an item has still not sold but has had a lot of views i will increase the price and add best offer.
Last week i had a mulberry wallet for £55.00, had a few lowball offers, after 3 weeks i increased the price to £85 OBO ang got an offer for £65 straight away.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And to think I almost let these get away. Not bad for an $8.71 purchase for four pairs.

IMG_8266.PNG

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone paid $42 for used socks?! I did a quick search and you can get new ones for half that price. Is there something special with those?

$42 for four pairs.

They aren't special, but climbers and backpackers are notoriously cheap. There is a hefty secondhand market for just about anything. My one regret with this one is that I let two pairs escape... There was someone else looking st them at the same time, and I walked away. She grabbed a couple for her husband. I came back and grabbed the rest.

Last edited:

mrFurly

Reaction score
Do you guys start with the 30 day BIN?
Ive always been scared that you get buried after a few days...so I start with 10 day BIN.

Turns to a pain ********** though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads