• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bug killing prowess

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is your bug killing prowess?? I was watching UFC 117 on Saturday with the gf and right after the Silva match, when I should have been at my most manly I was at my most girly. She screams from the kitchen because she sees a centipede on the wall. Now, this thing was about a long a my pinky, but I realized, because it was located above my waist I was a little hesitant in killing it. There are a few factors that I take into consideration before engaging in combat with an insect.

1. Ability of flight.

2. Location, are they in a position where they might fall on me when sprayed or hit with a shoe.

3. Number of legs. (the fewer the better)

4. Hard shell or soft shell.

5. Level of hairyness.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Flying cockroaches still creep me the hell out.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cockroaches, praying mantis', moths, spider webs scar me.

Fruit flies annoy the **** out me.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a scoop them up and move them outside sort of person for the most part. If they're centipedes, wasps, hornets, black widows, or recluses, then I've got some pretty mad kill scylzzz. My preferred weapon is a wet was cloth. Wind up, calculate trajectory, and then fire. My mom is next level at this though, and gets flies all the time.

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
I have huge ass centipedes in my basement too (often 4 inches
uhoh.gif
). I use one of these
0985.jpg

...I just wish the handle was another foot longer

you can also try a bug vacuum
bug%20vac.jpg

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roygbivuxg
I have huge ass centipedes in my basement too (often 4 inches
uhoh.gif
). I use one of these
0985.jpg

...I just wish the handle was another foot longer

you can also try a bug vacuum
bug%20vac.jpg

4 inches!! Is your basement in the jungles of Vietnam?

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I welcome them in my home, unless they are a threat like skeeters. I've been having some trouble with the ants, they are scattering everywhere instead of remaining in order like they usually do. What kind of food do you put out for the ants to eat so they are kept in order? After walking through the kitchen, I come out with a bunch of dead ants on my foot.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i have the prowess of capturing spiders without killing them. i love them. when i see one in the house i scoop him up and let him outside.

i have the 'prowess' of not being afraid of one or two remote bees or wasps flying near me. also flying beetles and huge bumble bees that freak the hell out of people dont even disturb me. sometimes i will let them land on my shirt or shoulder and one time the table i was with thought i was crazy. i think theyre cute
confused.gif

i hate cockroaches and silverfish. i kill em. i dont have roach problem at home i see them on sidewalks near restaurants near me (Morton's for one example ) late at night when i walk. huge ones skirting around the sidewalk.

i love praying mantises. if i have the fortune to find one i tease it a little bit to let him know i am friendly and not threatening and then i scoop him up and put him on my arm so i can walk into my home to freak out my wife.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I try not to kill them, but instead move them outside. I haven't always and can't always take this approach though.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
After walking through the kitchen, I come out with a bunch of dead ants on my foot.
They were certainly not dead before you put your foot on them, ant baby killer !

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's a hard insect, I spray it with zippo fluid and set it on fire.

If it's a soft insect, I sprinkle some salt on it and watch it melt.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
I welcome them in my home, unless they are a threat like skeeters. I've been having some trouble with the ants, they are scattering everywhere instead of remaining in order like they usually do. What kind of food do you put out for the ants to eat so they are kept in order? After walking through the kitchen, I come out with a bunch of dead ants on my foot.
what? you keep a dirty kitchen dude.

Originally Posted by gdl203
If it's a hard insect, I spray it with zippo fluid and set it on fire.

If it's a soft insect, I sprinkle some salt on it and watch it melt.

im calling PETA on you

Valor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
what? you keep a dirty kitchen dude.

im calling PETA on you

PETA doesn't care about insects, just like Bush and...

I usually use a napkin or paper towel.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LOL. That is absolutely disgusting.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually use a paper towel to kill large bugs,but I'm often unsuccessful with cockroaches. Those assholes always seem to get away and it creeps me the **** out. especially when they're on the wall and you try to crush them but they fall down near your feet and then scurry away.

Oh man that reminds me of the time I left a box of oreos out for a few hours. Later, I came back to put it away and a gigantic cockroach leaps out onto my arm. I then proceeded to flail around and scream like a little girl.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads