• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brown suede brogues and jeans?

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
absolutely. I rock SF Gherardos (dark brown suede brogues) all fall/winter long with dark jeans.

hls09

Reaction score
what kind of jeans do yall recommend? i have some ones that i really don't like. Surely there is a happy medium between farm-work wranglers and quasi-bellbottom banana republics. Preferably not $200?

hls09

Reaction score
and to clarify, i am not, and am never going to be, a serious denim-addict. i dress more formally 99% of the time but having a pair of jeans that i could dress up or down would be nice. I have tried browsing through the "intro to denim" threads and there is simply too much info. Any help?

Originally Posted by hls09
what kind of jeans do yall recommend? i have some ones that i really don't like. Surely there is a happy medium between farm-work wranglers and quasi-bellbottom banana republics. Preferably not $200?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ straight cut denim that fits you well, not too baggy or loose, hemmed just right, and not too faded. fit is more important than the brand, imo.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ true, although the standard recommendation is APC New Standards sized down two or three.

hls09

Reaction score
Very helpful, both posts. Thanks to each of you.

I'll probably go ahead and buy a pair of the "standard recommendation," as you put it. I will go down two sizes from my 32 to a 30. What about inseam? Don't go down at all?

Thanks again,
HLS09

BABuckeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
asock.jpg

You'll see the look done well in this WAYWT and in this thread:
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...54#post1196754

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hls09

I'll probably go ahead and buy a pair of the "standard recommendation," as you put it. I will go down two sizes from my 32 to a 30. What about inseam? Don't go down at all?

I would do a little research in the Streetwear forum before you buy the APCs.

lefty

hls09

Reaction score
yep, since i posted the message that you quoted i've done a fair bit of perusing and study. Combining what I learned on the forum (which was a TON) with the measurements of jeans I have whose fit I like (even tho they are cheapos), I have found that I, for example, probably like a straight leg more like the Rescue than the New Standard. So, armed with measurements, I'm now on the hunt for 1 or 2 nice pairs of Selvage Jeans, and I have enough knowledge of where to look (again thanks to the streetwear forum) to find some good deals.

Lots of info on this site. I feel like self-videotaping some sort of cheesy testimonial to go on the homepage.

Originally Posted by lefty
I would do a little research in the Streetwear forum before you buy the APCs.

lefty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads