Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Briefcases. What is everyone using?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by randomhero88, Jul 5, 2012.

1. randomhero88

randomhero88 Well-Known Member

I'm sure this is a topic that has been well covered, but after a quick search I found only a few threads with solid information.

For those who use a briefcase, what do you carry? In my opinion, it is one of the focal points to a solid businessman look and it is one of the first things I notice when first meeting a prospect in my line of business.

I personally carry a smaller Dunhill case. It's large enough to carry an ipad and several folders/documents, but not so large that I can't hide it under my chair at a conference or on a plane flight.

I also own an ST Dupont about the same size, but it is a bit more flashy than my Dunhill and not something that I use anymore in my area of the U.S.

My Dunhill
    [​IMG]

One of my business partners has a Floto case and it's fantastically made. I almost considered buying one myself.

2. jt10000

jt10000 Senior member

3. Kiwi Man

Kiwi Man Senior member

[​IMG]

By the way, your photo is invinsible, randomhero88.

4. randomhero88

randomhero88 Well-Known Member

My apologies. I tried to embed a photobucket link, but I guess I need to read the forum policy on that one. It's an older model, but it is still in great shape. I'd like to find a way to replace the gold on it.
    [​IMG]

5. Macallan

Macallan Senior member

Probably not SF approved, Mulberry (Walter model in oak), - http://mymanybags.blogspot.co.uk/2009/08/material-boy-315.html

Owned it for 5yrs and carry it without the shoulder strap. I carry it to work daily and have taken it to meetings too, only had one negative comment and that was at an interview 5 yrs ago.

6. Cant kill da Rooster

Cant kill da Rooster Senior member

Currently a computer bag but leaning towards Filson 257.

7. Curated

Curated Active Member

Just placed an order for a Glaser Headhunter like this one:
    [​IMG]

but with pockets on the front and a couple of other customizations.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012

8. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

I alternate between an otter green FIlson 257, a Roots brown leather, and a Prada tan waxed cotton.

9. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

Not a forum favorite, but I use a prada saffiano brief, which I picked up on sale for ~ $1100: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Prada...130739cat000226cat5890735cat5890734cat6390734

[​IMG]

I really like the finish on it although it's stamped leather rather than full-grain. It's held up well so far with almost no signs of wear after 9 months. I had wanted a LV taiga type brief but couldn't justify paying LV prices ($4000+ for something similar)

10. Storm33

Storm33 Senior member

I've been using a Saddleback Leather classic large briefcase in chestnut for more than a year. However, I'm thinking of getting a SL large thin briefcase to shed some weight for everyday use, and keep the classic for travel. It makes a great carry-on for trips when I can use the extra capacity. I may go for dark coffee brown on the thin briefcase.

11. razl

razl Senior member

I've had my M&W Traveller for about 6 months now and still love it. I don't think it's changed any since this original pic:

[​IMG]

Some might find it a bit large or heavy, but I happen to be 6'3 and it's fine for me.

12. Flake

Flake Senior member

25 year old Renwick. Looks better today than when it was new.

13. schrag

schrag Well-Known Member

I picked up a 2nd hand Floto briefcase off ebay,think it's the predecessor to this model (Cortona). Soft, vegetable tanned leather that's already broken in with some nicks and scuffs.

Works well enough even though it has more room than I need most days.

[​IMG]

14. camjr

camjr Active Member

I carry a Saddleback Large Thin briefcase (Chestnut as well) every day and find the size to be perfect. I'm flying somewhere every week and it works really well for me. With all my travels, it's taking on some real "character". I could have gone with the medium, but I wouldn't have any extra capacity should the need arise.

Cheers

15. Curated

Curated Active Member

Re: M-W Traveler...

Unfortunately their site has been down/undergoing renovation for a few weeks now and they don't answer calls or email. I'm beginning to wonder if they're still in business.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012