Boston Tailor?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NickW1985, Feb 5, 2012.

1. NickW1985

NickW1985 New Member

I just moved here a few months ago and don't have a tailor in the area. Was hoping to get some recommendations, preferably somewhere close to the T. Just picked up a shirt that needs to be taken in and I want to wear it now!

Thanks for your help.

2. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Senior member

Tad at JPress, Harvard Sq Cambridge is the best.

3. rjsphd

rjsphd Senior member

Highly recommend Le Couturier House of Alterations in Central Square, near the T Stop. He did a wonderful job on a shirt of mine. I have had him do major work on suits with great success.

4. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

Paging F. Corbera...

5. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

There are a lot of Boston Tailor threads, so I am not going to start a new one. A great, old school tailor has recently relocated to Brookline. Brookline Tailoring Plus - 3 Kendall Street, just off Cypress, behind Kirkman's Market.

The owner/operator is Mark Aroush, who sold his shop in Cambridge (Aroush's Tailoring - 864 Mass Ave) about two years ago. I believe that shop has changed hands a couple of times since.

Mark is a true old-school tailor who wants to keep busy and did not enjoy sitting around in retirement. He has a great eye for all aspects of men's and women's tailoring. He has done alterations work on three suits and several pairs of pants for me, and I have no complaints. I used to use Mario the Tailor in Chestnut Hill, but Mark at Brookline Tailoring Plus is MUCH better. For top notch work, this is worth the trip.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012