• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could’ve made your day last week had two rm Williams size 8.5 (I’m a nine) suede buckle boots I virtually gave away on eBay! I’d got hoping I’d be ok and they were just too neat for me!

More likely I would have made yours; been looking at those for awhile and waiting for the right deal to come along. Probably would have snapped them up from you.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noooooooooooooooooooo

I’ll not say what I got but it wasn’t pretty! ?

Yeah, selling on the bay can be painful...lesson learned eh? You know, there’s nothing wrong with putting it out there on the forum boot page to members, when you have something to move.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Yeah, selling on the bay can be painful...lesson learned eh? You know, there’s nothing wrong with putting it out there on the forum boot page to members, when you have something to move.
I know, I’ve not sold on here before and eBay is what it is! Have a couple of ladies boots (long story) left which aren’t shifting. Rm Williams suede Adelaide’s (4.5 and 5 uk). Got a few pairs in a trade of sorts.. my wife lives in hers. Really nice boots.

I’ve gazillions of RMs! Just got a pair of Sydney boots today.

miburo

Reaction score
Need some advice... Since restarting my lurker ways on this forum i've already purchased 4 new pairs of shoes. I need to (try to) limit that going forward and wanted advice from you all on boots i'm thinking of getting. I'm looking for a boot that I can wear out on a normal day in town + possible be able to step in a nice event / restaurant. I've been eyeing a boot in the Galway style but would something more like balmoral style be better? Also in these situations is it better to stick with one type of leather or two? I've been looking at various bootmakers + possibly getting one made by wison or zeb.

Any feedback would be great :) I know i'm a little all over the place with my requirements but looking to see what you boot experts think.

Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Need some advice... Since restarting my lurker ways on this forum i've already purchased 4 new pairs of shoes. I need to limit going forward and wanted advice from you all on 1 pair of boots i'm getting mtm. I'm looking for a boot that I can weight out on a normal day to town + possible be able to step in a nice event / restaurant. i've been eyeing a boot in the Galway style but would something more like balmoral style be better? Also in these situations is it better to stick with one type of leather or two? I've been looking at various bootmakers + possible getting one made by wison or zeb.

Any feedback would be great :) I know i'm a little all over the place with my requirements but looking to see what you boot experts think.
It’s addictive once the buzz kicks in sir!
Not what you asked but do you have any Chelsea boots? Those are the perfect fit for your description, especially with a rubber sole which can cope with inclement weather. Many very good brands offering various colours. I love RM Williams as they are so damn comfortable.

If I were to get a laced dress boot for multiple occasions I’d be tempted to stick to one leather if for no other reason as it would most likely be able to fit with more outfits.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was originally made for Reddit, but I don't know why I bother-- everyone is so impolite there.

My goodness man, that is an incredible make. Very unique and has the added benefit of looking really good.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was originally made for Reddit, but I don't know why I bother-- everyone is so impolite there.

Beautiful. I too wouldn’t have gone with red straps, but I like the makeup.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads