• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My second zebshoes, the texture is simply amazing.

It’s in the london boots model, stelvio last, in Russian hatch grain from Horween, plain toe with faux captoe, 6 gold eyelets + 4 speed hooks, single leather sole with car tire rubber, 270 degree welt stitch with a custom medallion at the side.

I made some changes on both design and fits from last one (I will write a new post on my ins if anyone is interested.)
View attachment 1436407 View attachment 1436406 View attachment 1436404 View attachment 1436405 View attachment 1436402 View attachment 1436403
Beautiful makeup. Tire tread sole, for the win!

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my Calway and they are superb for the money spent but somehow you are right ..they are much more a copycat than Balway or Valway IMO.

In my mind, Galway > Balway > Valway > Calway going by the flair of individuality.

I find Balway to be quite distinctive. There are obvious similarities to Galway due to cap toe and curved arrow head design (neither feature unique to EG, plus Bonafe doesn't use triple stitch). But otherwise Bonafe's take on the field boot feels like a completely different design. The end product is also almost as appealing as the Galway, which is quite an accomplishment.

Re. Calway, to be fair to Carmina I feel many of the folks on SF specifically requested a copy of the Galway. Carmina took inspiration from EG, but to its credit tried to maintain originality with the 9 eyelets/speedhooks and direction and placement of the arrowhead. Carlos Santos and especially L&T feel like copycats to me. Calway much less so.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My second zebshoes, the texture is simply amazing.

It’s in the london boots model, stelvio last, in Russian hatch grain from Horween, plain toe with faux captoe, 6 gold eyelets + 4 speed hooks, single leather sole with car tire rubber, 270 degree welt stitch with a custom medallion at the side.

I made some changes on both design and fits from last one (I will write a new post on my ins if anyone is interested.)
View attachment 1436407 View attachment 1436406 View attachment 1436404 View attachment 1436405 View attachment 1436402 View attachment 1436403
Those look great, that sole is awesome!

Phoenician

Reaction score
C&J Skye III for working from home

20200805_131729_HDR~3.jpg
20200805_131756_HDR~3.jpg

Phoenician

Reaction score
I think it's great that boot artisan Norman Vilalta ( @NormanVilalta ) has joined the forum recently. Was just visiting his website and admiring the various models and designs he's come up with. This one really caught my eye, it's a handsome Balmoral with some great design elements. The use of navy suede and black du Puy boxcalf makes a striking combination as well. Always good to see independent artisans coming up with new designs, as well as tweaks on more traditional ones to keep things fresh.

Bravo Mr. Vilalta on a terrific looking boot, look forward to seeing more of your work!

Norman1.JPG
Norman2.JPG
Norman3.JPG

NormanVilalta

Reaction score
I think it's great that boot artisan Norman Vilalta ( @NormanVilalta ) has joined the forum recently. Was just visiting his website and admiring the various models and designs he's come up with. This one really caught my eye, it's a handsome Balmoral with some great design elements. The use of navy suede and black du Puy boxcalf makes a striking combination as well. Always good to see independent artisans coming up with new designs, as well as tweaks on more traditional ones to keep things fresh.

Bravo Mr. Vilalta on a terrific looking boot, look forward to seeing more of your work!

View attachment 1437120 View attachment 1437121 View attachment 1437122
I appreciate the share and thank you for the kind words. This Balmoral Boot was a design we made a couple of years ago and we are really happy with the results. The mix of black and blue are formal yet a little flirtatious for those who want a fun and stylish boot but need a more conservative style for work and are perhaps limited with the amount of color that they can experiment with.

I'm hoping to have some new and interesting style boots lined up for this Fall/Winter, so please keep an eye out. Thanks again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads