• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chawk806

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X post from a few days ago, forgot to include the pics in this thread. CJ Skye in Shell, newly delivered after purchasing in person in London last week...

yQonkBn.jpg

ujLtEKw.jpg
Very nice

Stani777

Reaction score
Yes, never worn after about 50-60 years.
I had to condition them before wearing but they’re in great shape.
Wow! Truly incredible find. Some say the leather was way better those days. Wish both long live!

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow! Truly incredible find. Some say the leather was way better those days. Wish both long live!

I could be wrong but I think they should be Martins Zug grain which is meant to be thicker and hardier than modern versions of zug.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oiled Nubuck .. I am not much of a fan of plain toes but at under 300 bucks on ridgeway sole with a rather unusual leather, I could not pass them up myself. Bought them in both colors. They are awesome indeed.
Oiled Nubuck .. I am not much of a fan of plain toes but at under 300 bucks on ridgeway sole with a rather unusual leather, I could not pass them up myself. Bought them in both colors. They are awesome indeed.
So did I. But just this shade! They are great winter boots no doubt!!
073AFD47-16D4-484C-B985-C98E81DB1E58.jpeg

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice. What's the material?

So did I. But just this shade! They are great winter boots no doubt!! View attachment 1109529

Thanks, Roger. As the guys said, above, they are oil tanned nubuck, referred to as bronze oiled sides for the colour I have and teak oiled sides for the darker colour. "Sides" refers to the leather being from the side of the cow. It is a thick, soft leather especially good for boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads