• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NycLondon

Reaction score
I just got my boots from Paris, custom stained by Caulaincourt.
boot.jpg

NycLondon

Reaction score
That's Isaia tweed from last winter & fall season they came like that & its in style with pleats. But I do have pants & jeans strictly for boots. Like the one above & dress pants with slim leg opening 7.5 inches to show off my shoes & socks man.
I just checked your instagram posts....beautiful array!

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just copped Barneys branded jodphur boots for casual wear/bar hopping, etc. They are a little quirky but after sale they were only $59.60 so it was a no brainer. And if I don't like them my little brother will gladly take them off of my hands. They should arrive by Wednesday

504678585_1_ShoeSide
504678585_2_ShoeFrontQtr

Last edited:

NycLondon

Reaction score

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are these custom trousers? Who makes them for you?
Can I also get your expert advice on this?!
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/trousers-for-caulaincourt-blackburn-boots.548162/
thanks.
Hey man that pant brand is Isaia & they are ready to wear pant. Not custom pants. And congrats on the boot it looks good & super warm. Wear them with different type of pants. Jeans, moleskin, corduroy, tweeds & you are good to go. May be slim then up a bit but that's a personal preference. Other wise you are good to go.

NycLondon

Reaction score
Hey man that pant brand is Isaia & they are ready to wear pant. Not custom pants. And congrats on the boot it looks good & super warm. Wear them with different type of pants. Jeans, moleskin, corduroy, tweeds & you are good to go. May be slim then up a bit but that's a personal preference. Other wise you are good to go.

Thanks for your suggestions, but alteration of the boot feels close to impossible. I will see what happens this winter!

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like my Russian workmate would say "please to explain"??? Are you talking about the scuff looking thing? I think its just the photo, believe me I notice every scuff and they make me crazy!
Wot I thought - looks bad, though. Maybe it's your camera? haha

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just copped Barneys branded jodphur boots for casual wear/bar hopping, etc. They are a little quirky but after sale they were only $59.60 so it was a no brainer. And if I don't like them my little brother will gladly take them off of my hands. They should arrive by Wednesday

504678585_1_ShoeSide
504678585_2_ShoeFrontQtr

update: These are a nice alternative to casual boots such as a desert boot, definitely a denim or khaki only boot. They seem to run large, larger even than Wolverine 1000 milers so even after sizing down a full size they were still to big for me. They came from Barneys warehouse which charges a restocking fee so to my little brother they will go (his foot is larger than mine)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads