• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

carlos20co

Reaction score
RRL Livingstones

7688776E-6031-4A28-A108-0BB8C22691AD.jpeg

4C940F79-3B98-4E00-8FCE-2474E730B443.jpeg

Drzdave58

Reaction score
What an in step stretch? I am a Trickers 10 and have a pretty high arch. Was thinking of going 10.5 on the Whites 55 Ramblers.
I sent in diagrams of the measurements of my feet to Bakers. Kyle recommended the instep stretch and size so I went with it. I think they stretched the width a tad but I don't know how much. Im happy with the fit anyway. I would get their advice if u can.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife and kid are out and about this afternoon so I took the time to indulge in some meditation aka shoe care. These days I barely get a chance to wear decent footwear, so very little effort required. I conditioned the leather and touched up toes with neutral cordovan cream (shell) and neutral wax polish (calf).

EG banbury in color 8, Enzo Bonafe field boot in color 4, G&G Thorpe in tan hatchgrain and G&G Burnham in conker patina

PXL_20230318_182311308.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230318_182955529.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice boots and thanks for sharing, can you offer any sizing advice?
I believe that those boots are made by Cheaney, as they are very similar to their Jarrow or the Herring's Badminton, both mounted on the 12508 last, which is generally TTS even though generous (I had to downsize with this last, as my feet are slender with a low instep and volume).

The main difference I can see is the speed hooks that the Jarrow doesn't have and different kinds of leather.

carlos20co

Reaction score
nice boots and thanks for sharing, can you offer any sizing advice?
They are made by Cheaney and are true to size. The last is described as wide however these don’t feel like that at all. I have another pair of Cheaneys (Tweed) on the same last and size and those do feel wide and I wish I had gone down half a size on those.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads