• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blue shoes

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was looking for dress shoes to go with a summer combo based on a light blue cotton&linen odd jacket with white pinstripes, which I normally wear with some blue/navy, white or off white trousers. In another thread I was suggested to try some light tan suede shoes, and that sounded as a nice option.
However, the other day, in a very nice (and expensive) men's clothing store here in town, my eyes fell on a wonderful pair of shoes in a fairly dark, very full blue colour. A also loved the shape of those shoes. Very special, very nice.
Now, they were by Sutor Mantellassi and the retail price was EUR 680, which is a bit above what I am prepared to pay right now (and this shop never seems to run any sales).
So what should I do?
- Look for other sources for blue shoes? Any suggestions? (One problem is that most blue shoes I see are loafers, and I do not like loafers. And I am not looking for deck shoes.)
- Or should I rather forget about blue shoes? (I never heard any reference to blue dress shoes except once, in Obabakoak, in which there was a chapter about a lunatic who thought that a white suit and blue shoes were the thing to wear if you wanted to be elegant; that was the first thing he bought with the money he had stolen from his boss after killing him)

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epa
I was looking for dress shoes to go with a summer combo based on a light blue cotton&linen odd jacket with white pinstripes, which I normally wear with some blue/navy, white or off white trousers. In another thread I was suggested to try some light tan suede shoes, and that sounded as a nice option.
However, the other day, in a very nice (and expensive) men's cloathing store here in town, my eyes fell on a wonderful pair of shoes in a fairly dark, very full blue colour. A also loved the shape of those shoes. Very special, very nice.
Now, they were by Sutor Mantellassi and the retail price was EUR 680, which is a bit above what I am prepared to pay right now (and this shop never seems to run any sales).
So what should I do?
- Look for other sources for blue shoes? Any suggestions? (One problem is that most blue shoes I see are loafers, and I do not like loafers. And I am not looking for deck shoes.)
- Or should I rather forget about blue shoes? (I never heard any reference to blue dress shoes except once, in Obabakoak, in which there was a chapter about a lunatic who thought that a white suit and blue shoes were the thing to wear if you wanted to be elegant; that was the first thing he bought with the money he had stolen from his boss after killing him)

I saw a pair of blue Berlutis once but I guess they may be even more expensive. I have a pair of green Chelseas though
smile.gif

CoryB

Reaction score
If I recall correctly VCH does or did have a pair or two of blue shoes. I believe they were also Sutor Mantellassi, but his prices are greatly more reasonable.

coachvu

Reaction score
I believe zjpj83 sold some on the forum a while back. You might try PM'ing him.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CoryB
If I recall correctly VCH does or did have a pair or two of blue shoes. I believe they were also Sutor Mantellassi, but his prices are greatly more reasonable.
VCH?

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
Pimp Daddy
devil.gif

Nice, but maybe not exactly what I was looking for... and maybe also beyond my price range...

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by argoth
lobb offers some beautiful shoes in blue museum calf.

Arg

...but if I thought that the Sutor Mantellassi ones were expensive, I am not sure that Lobb is something that I should consider...

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they are eccentric and beautiful and I want them.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Paul Smith had a navy captoe in his 'dip-dye' mainline collection last F/W that was a really nice shade of navy. in hindsight, I should have picked up a pair
frown.gif
....but i got a teal blue version from the previous s/s line at 50% off that are also snazzy

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen a navy blue loafer, Gucci or Zegna, I believe, at a Neiman-Marcus in San Diego (ca. $1200). IIRC, one or two forum members have MTO navy blue Edward Green shoes (perhaps jcusey?).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads