• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blazer colour suggestions for navy pants

kev647

Reaction score
I have many pairs of slacks in navy. Im looking to get them matched with blazers now. Where i work, i rarely wear a full suit as it is considered very formal. And i dont like wearing a tie without a jacket.

During my search, I was recently explained by my personal shopper that navy blazers go best with contrasting grey slacks and not to wear it with navy slacks. So should I wear grey blazers to wear with navy slacks? What would you all wear with navy pants??

I would appreciate any photos of your favorite blazers or combinations. If it helps, I can out up a few pictures of the pants I'm looking to pair the blazers with.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

facet

Reaction score
The one time that I wore navy pants, I wore my black and white herringbone sportcoat with it. I liked it personally; but I don't have any pics to share.

Philip

Reaction score
Light-Medium Grey PoW

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sport coats in various shades of green will work. Try interesting patterns as well such as window pane.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have recently tried a beige/cream herringbone linen blazer with a blue linen herringbone dress pants and that really stood out .
And with navy blazer with khaki pants ..... one of my favorite !!!

kev647

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback!

Btw- what does PoW stand for? Sorry for being a noob..

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many shades of brown, especially if they have a blue windowpane. Any shade of blue significantly lighter than navy.

Last edited:

kev647

Reaction score
Thinman and Morrison, thank you for the input! I will look out for the lighter blues and the charcoals! :) not sure how good brown would look (I wear black shoes always so I wonder if that is a problem...

Thanks!

Tropicalist

Reaction score
Mustard donegal type tweed, khakhi cotton, Solaro or linen. I like to contrast navy slacks with yellow/brown family which is opposite on the colour wheel.

While gray trousers work best with navy blazer, somehow it does not work well in the other direction. Navy pants are actually not very versatile and not really recommended. You generally want the darker half of the jacket/trouser combo to be on the top. The other way round is not flattering on most people unless you have olive/dark skin in which case you are blessed and can wear just about any colour.

Vish

kev647

Reaction score

Mustard donegal type tweed, khakhi cotton, Solaro or linen. I like to contrast navy slacks with yellow/brown family which is opposite on the colour wheel.

While gray trousers work best with navy blazer, somehow it does not work well in the other direction. Navy pants are actually not very versatile and not really recommended. You generally want the darker half of the jacket/trouser combo to be on the top. The other way round is not flattering on most people unless you have olive/dark skin in which case you are blessed and can wear just about any colour.

Vish

So really- no more navy pant. All gray from now on unless I'm buying a suit!! Lol. Thanks!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads