• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Blade Runner appreciation thread

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just want a thread to discuss how fucking awesome a movie it is. cast, check. fashion, check. story, check. dystopian tokyo-like city, check. i fucking love this movie. discuss.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
27 years later and the efx and production design still hold up.

Great movie.

lefty

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
five-disc special edition on blu ray ladies

SystemShock

Reaction score
It's one of those rare movies that gets better pretty much every time you see it.

Winner. Way ahead of its time.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its influence has been significant across a range of media. IMO, Ridley Scott's finest hour.

Teger

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
this movie is amazing (pretty much everything ridley scott does is) and is the standard for grim, futuristic atmosphere in any film

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
funny, two of my favorite songs are revco's attack ships on fire and covenant's like tears in rain.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spatlese
Its influence has been significant across a range of media. IMO, Ridley Scott's finest hour.

In the 80s it was the goto reference for commercial directors. I think I even used it for a Tide commercial.

lefty

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Final cut appreciation right here. Usually not a fan with people messing with movies (lucas....) but this was all about correcting a wrong done by the studio...

of course my roommates had no appreciation upon first viewing...twas too "boring"

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the final cut certainly seems to imply that deck is a replicant. the novel does not.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Reaction score
It was pretty much the very last large scale SFX movie made without the aid of computers, and STILL looks better than anything being pushed out of a computer today. George Lucas should be ashamed of himself for thinking that shit like THIS looks "Good". (notice all the BladeRunner shots!)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was watching the making of documentary that comes with the 5 disc blue ray release. I love this movie. I think it's tied for my all time favorite with Lawrence of Arabia

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How is the extra stuff?

I only managed to watch the new cut and havn't been able to bother with any of the other cuts again or the bonus material (DVD set here).

Star

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

One of my all time favourite movie scenes and dialog. Awesome film.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 28 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 257 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 124 15.7%
  • 31 - 40