1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Black waxed denim... Thin Finn Dry Black Coated (TFDBC)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by inviscid, Mar 20, 2007.

1. misterblah

misterblah Member

Hi guys, I am new to this forum and I was wondering where can I buy black coated jeans in stores in Canada. i tried looking everywhere, but they are either too expensive or not my size! I'm trying to find one that would fit a average teenager like myself. I want a pair like this one but darker:
    http://needsupply.com/media/catalog/...atslimjim1.jpg
    and this one http://www.tobi.com/product/7079-nud...-skinny?aff=cj
    but it's too expensive and I prefer to shop in stores than online. Anyone kow where I can buy coated jeans in Canada? Are there any specific stores that sell coated jeans frequently?

2. mejoshua

mejoshua Senior member

I know I'm quoting a pretty old post here, but I'm just wondering, anyone know how shiny this jeans is compared to nudie black coated?
    from this link it looks like it has a subtle coat. http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Blac...ean_11207.html

I have the Sunset Hotel jean, and the wax coating is very subtle.

3. wangvicous

wangvicous Senior member

I have the Sunset Hotel jean, and the wax coating is very subtle.

How would you describe the rise? How is the actual waist size compared to the tagged size?

4. Listi

Listi Senior member

Um yea I just personally think it's too tight for me. I can opt to go true to size though.
    Nevertheless, I agree it fits you so nicely!
    How long and how hard have u worn those? is it true to your waist size?

How does the fabric go over time? does it fade to lighter black?

I've had for a while, but not worn consistently... Maybe 2-3 months of solid wear?

They are size 27, which is pretty true for me. I'm 27-28 depending on cut.

They don't fade to lighter black, it gets shinier in the parts where you crease them (whiskers, honeycombs, etc.)

5. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

I want the dry black coated Slim Jims but I don't have the money for them right now.

6. ralfderchef

ralfderchef New Member

I just bought several pairs of waxed denim at Zara in Germany ... in sale the price was 9 € ... They are worth their further prices from 39€ to 79€.... Wash them cold (30' Celsius) whith no problem, if you want them more shiny, give them a bit of wax-spray coating from outdoorshops... works fine...

7. niix

niix Senior member

I love this style. I bought a pair similar to this at UO by COMUNE, although they didn't last very long due to being pretty cheap.

Never was a fan of Nudie, but I've never seen this wash by them and I think I'll have to pick some up. Are they TTS?

8. srendam

srendam Senior member

Do you guys prefer these jeans stacked?

9. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

So do people recommend sizing up for muscular legs?

10. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

11. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

12. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

i think its a cool look

they probably go really well with a cream balzer and a white shirt

13. sq4you

sq4you Senior member

I've got a pair of black dry coated Nudie Slim Jims in my FS thread. will go lower in price too.

14. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I've got a pair of black dry coated Nudie Slim Jims in my FS thread. will go lower in price too.

i cant believe you ever owned a shirt from zara, and that you would bother to sell it

15. sq4you

sq4you Senior member

lol.
    all the zara stuff i had on there sold except 1 shirt. so did some other stuff. i cant update the thread cuz it got locked when i answered someone's question though

16. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

lol.
    all the zara stuff i had on there sold except 1 shirt. so did some other stuff. i cant update the thread cuz it got locked when i answered someone's question though

lol fucking retarded

i just can't believe you'd go through the trouble of selling a shirt for $15