• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black waxed denim... Thin Finn Dry Black Coated (TFDBC)

Karo

Reaction score
I got another pair of the SJDBC from cultizm (super fast shipping). This time I got 33x34 which feels much better. My 32x34 didn't stretch much as I had hoped probably due to the 2% elastane.

FYI: I have HAND WASHED them in cool water with detergent. They didn't lose the 'shine' effect but some fades (light color creases) showed up. Once I wore it for a day or two; the fades are not that noticeable anymore.

Great f*cking jeans btw, my brother got the indigo and now I'm hoping to try the grey coated.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
yeah, love these jeans. Look great dressed up or with black converse and a t

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I was about 30minutes late from picking up a pair of dirt cheap acne max cash's awhile back from minya's sale thread. I'll just hold out and try to find a pair on the cheap as there's no way i'm paying close to retail. I have a pair of black waxed "Black Ring" denim now that i bought from sleazie on sufu that are pretty nice. I wish they were a bit longer and higher in the rise (ridiculously low rise) but they'll do till i find a substitute. I'd pick up a pair of thin finns but i'm not sure i'm going to like the really low yoke, low/huge pockets all that much so it's something i'd most certainly want to try on first. Plus, i don't think i want my jeans shiny. I'm curious to see evo pics of them though.

Karo

Reaction score
http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=DSC06318.jpg

I find the slim jim not as tapered so I soaked them in warm water for a few minutes and put them in cold water to get a little bit of shrinkage. I don't want to put them in the dryer fearing the black coating would probably come off. It worked very well, and its not as tapered at my TF, just the way I like it.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a pair of average joes or something a bit more straight legged and coating it with a thin layer of barbour wax dressing.

You think this would work?

Diem

Reaction score
Ok I've had mine for eight months now and I'm wondering if they would shrink if i soak them?

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i finally got a pair of TF DBC and was curious. i am between 31-32 in the waist and i got 31s in the TF DBC and the waist is sorta loose and the ass is a big baggy but in the 30s the thighs look like they were painted on. which i didnt like. (tho the waist was ok) just worried they might stretch out too much. what do you guys think?

DeadDJ

Reaction score
As long as you dont stand all askew like that normally and fix the stacking, I think it looks pretty good.

shade449

Reaction score
That's pretty much how my TFDGC fit on me. Don't worry about them stretching out, mine never really did. The 2% elastane helps it keep its shape.

kookydooky

Reaction score
Karo would you beable to get pictures of your brothers dry indigo coat ones in action? Ive seen it on the nudies site but I owuld like to see how they are IRL

Does the indigo coat come in Slim Jim or is it only in Thin Finn?

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kill the DJ
As long as you dont stand all askew like that normally and fix the stacking, I think it looks pretty good.

whats wrong with the stacking?

its weird the ass area is already loose kinda. i hope it doesn't stretch alot more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads