• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black waxed denim... Thin Finn Dry Black Coated (TFDBC)

eelnosnor

Reaction score
Rye GB can you post picutres up of the waxed jeans you got from urban? Also is the urban outfitter in San Francisco top tier?

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eelnosnor
Rye GB can you post picutres up of the waxed jeans you got from urban? Also is the urban outfitter in San Francisco top tier?

Jeans shipped to urban 11/13. Give them a call for locations. We ship to their Hub and they distribute. I'm so busy right now I have no idea when most of our gear is in store or location.
Brand is Kill City. Style M63-071.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

ProyJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by inviscid
That's what I was thinking at first too, but I concluded it must be the flash... feel free to dispute please! (anyone that's seen them in person.)
I'd rather not plunk down the change and look like I'm wearing leather pants.

I bought the two days ago, haven't worn them yet.

In RL thay aren't that shiny but they still look a bit waxed.

A recommended buy
wink.gif

totally epic

Reaction score
BTW, I don't remember who all asked me but Blackbird still has a few pairs of the S2A waxed coated black jeans in sizes 30-33 (fits 28-31 really) for about $130.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what kinda fit are those s2a jeans?

btw anybody with the TFs how is the stretch on these?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spacemanvt

btw anybody with the TFs how is the stretch on these?

I have the UICs... which haven't stretched as much as a truly raw jean, but probably a bit more than a washed one.

totally epic

Reaction score
You should size up 1-2 for the waist but the legs are SLIM. Think Raf by Raf Simons.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
drizzit: ive seen your pics, did you go true to size?
it was strange trying these on. the 30s were snug and the 31s were really loose. the elastic is throwing me off.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
drizzit: ive seen your pics, did you go true to size?
it was strange trying these on. the 30s were snug and the 31s were really loose. the elastic is throwing me off.

Yes it was true to size. My waist is around 33.5" and I got a 34. They aren't tight at all. I need to use a belt now when I wear them.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
guys it looks from what ive read on the net/ experienced with a couple of them in person , these run a size bigger than normal so you may want to size down one.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Are there other jeans with a waxed finish in either different cuts or different colors?

Hugo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Are there other jeans with a waxed finish in either different cuts or different colors?

RAF by Raf Simons have got a pair of white jeans (link). I would recommend you to size up one or two sizes since they are smaller than they "should" be.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
ehh.. white jeans aren't exactly what I'm looking for... The thin flinn black ones look awesome but I have a muscular build and really skinny jeans would look bad on me. I thought I remember seeing some jeans that had a reddish waxed finish or something like that around here, maybe I'm crazy...

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nudie ss08 is going to have:
dry black(and grey) coated in avg joe, slim jim,high kai,tight long john and Thin finn

along with the Ultra Indigo Coated in the tight fits and Greycoated white Slim Jim (whatever that is)

your welcome.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
nice, wont be able to afford them until then anyway

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads