• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill's sizing

braised

Reaction score
How do Bill's run? I'm looking for some new khakis, do Bill's run true, large or slim? For example, I'd say Cordings runs slim and Gap more generous.

Sorry if this one has been hit before, I've seen lots of comments on M1 vs M2 (which I take to be slimmer in the thigh and cuff) but not much comment on how the waist runs.

B

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The waist measurements seem to be pretty dead-on, but the pants are nowhere near what I'd call a 'slim' fit. I have a pair of M3s and I find myself swimming in them. In fact, I don't find the M3s any slimmer than the M2s--the rise is just lower and the pockets are slanted rather than on the seam.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the same experience as mafoofan. The waist was as tagged. The rise is a bit higher than anything Gap or Dockers, and the pants (I have the M2) are cut huge through the thigh and knee. Enormous. The M2 is the fullest khaki I've ever worn. The M1 can only be fuller.

III

Reaction score
I also found the waist to be correct, and the fit 'relaxed' even in the trimmer cut. The main issue for me was that they shrank in the length a lot. I washed and dried them 10x before having them hemmed and they shrank another inch or maybe two in length over the next several months.

On the bright side, there's a guy 2" shorter than me who got a great deal at Goodwill last year!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics