• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best VALUE restaurants in NYC

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will be taking a trip to NYC this coming week with my girlfriend. We both just graduated college and are having one last getaway before we both start working this fall. Can I get some great value restaurants in NYC? I spent a summer there so I have some good ideas of where to go, but it's been almost two years and I'd like some input. I don't know exactly what I mean by value. I guess something you think is a great deal.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lunch at Bouley is a little more expensive than at JG but I think it is a lot better.

If you go to JG only go to the main dining room. Nougatine is not worth the $$$ IMO.

Last edited:

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Will look into both. I made reservations at Kefi per a friends rec. Good idea?

sellahi22

Reaction score
Not too impressed by Kefi. Milos is the superior Greek in the city, IMO. Their post-theater menu is definitely good value.

Other places to consider are Torrisi and Balaboosta, both on the same street in Nolita.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kefi is no where near JG or Bouley in the quality of experience and is similarly priced (for lunch only). JG and Bouley get expensive during lunch if you also get drinks.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you just want four-start quality for two-star prices, or do you want interesting dives and ethnic places too?

SeanathonHuff

Reaction score
Poke on the UES (2nd and 85th ish?) is the best Sushi I had while I was in the town, BYOB, but cash only.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads