• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best inexpensive jeans

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
If you're looking for cheap denim, then try American Eagle. I have two pairs from them and love them to death. The first pair I brought back when I was in my sophomore year of high school. With other pairs of jeans, they tend to get a little worn and start to get torn. But with AE Jeans, it seems to be the weave that they use or something, casue the old boot cuts that I own aren't really bad. The other pair, which I brought back around Thanksgiving, a pair in called Dark Clay Wash, are still in good shape.

Also, the regular Abercrombie and Fitch jeans are good. The only problem is that most of the stores have mainly destroyed jeans, if you can the regular jeans the you're lucky.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine had an old pair of Abercrombie jeans. Short staple cotton fraying all over the place in very short order. I was immensely unimpressed. These weren't the ridiculously destroyed jeans, either. Gap's regular line (at least from a year ago) gave her the same problems.

I have a few pairs of Gap 1969, however, and I'd say they compare favorably with higher end denim. Bizarrely, I can't say the same for Banana Republic, despite substantially higher prices.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah IIRC the 1969 denim is from the same source as PDC. I'm not sure if thats a praise to the 1969 denim or a frown to the PDC denim.

I have a pair of 1969s and they're not too bad in terms of quality.

drake

Reaction score
The one pair of Gap 1969's I have are not the greatest. The denim doesn't feel all that great (not bad, but not great) the wash is very fake looking (at least to me) and the fit is rather poor (slipping into my APCs after wearing those for a few hours feels like slipping into Pajamas).

But I did only pay $30 so overall I'm not too disappointed, but I wouldn't recommend buying them at full price; you're probably better off with some regular Levi's, I think there only like $30 retail anyway.

Panerai118

Reaction score
For jeans less than $100, I have AE, A&F, and JCrew. The fit on the JCrew seems to be the best for me. Sizing for AE and A&F was hit and miss, which really bugged me.

PreppyBoy

Reaction score
I've had great results with the GAP 1969 Vintage Cut

The rise is 11 1/2

The leg opening is 18 all around

The material is soft

Definitely, not the type of jeans if your going to do massive work.
However, if you want something to sport, they are perfect.

I have some American Eagle too, which fit rather well.

As for Abercrombie & Finch, not worth the price.

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PreppyBoy
I have some American Eagle too, which fit rather well.
That's true, the size is hit or miss most of the time, but you can get the size you want.

As for Abercrombie & Finch, not worth the price.
If you can find the regular jeans, they yeah they are cheaper.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mic%20Roadwash.bmp

Good call.
love the fit, and if you can find a darker wash, it's a great buy. These are Acne Mic btw.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads