• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best inexpensive jeans

Garrett

Reaction score
nice avatar Garrett...
you too brian
wink.gif
Are you going to Street Scene?

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
OK -

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I tried on some of the Gap 1969 jeans, and while they're nice, I didn't like the cuts.

I also looked at J. Crew, but wasn't impressed and we don't have H&M in Phoenix.

So what did I do - I wandered into a little denim boutique in Scottsdale and told them I was looking for jeans. I tried on a pair of Earnest Sewns, two pairs of something else (some Italian designer) and the pair I eventually bought - Meltin' Pots... which sent my idea of buying inexpensive jeans down the tubes.

Apparently these are big in Europe but according to the salesman, only sold in 4 stores in America - and previously only sold in this one.

However, it doesn't really matter how many places sell them - the main thing is - I absolutely loved the fit and the look.

I'll try and take a picture and post it in the denim pictures thread.

Thanks again everyone for all your help.

Bradford

P.S. CTGuy - Carhartts are readily available out here - I actually know of a store that specializes in them, but as I don't work on a ranch I would look kind of funny wearing them. When I'm looking to cowboy up, I pull on my Wranglers that you buy extra long so they stack up on your boot heels.

YMark

Reaction score
Bradford, I'm in Phoenix as well. I'm going to guess that you picked up those Melting Pots at the HUB at Fashion Square.

How'd I do?

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Bradford, I'm in Phoenix as well. I'm going to guess that you picked up those Melting Pots at the HUB at Fashion Square.

How'd I do?
You are exactly correct.

I kind of presumed you'd figure it out.

Bradford

Debaser

Reaction score
That's my avatar from another message board (the cover of Loveless, which is also my favorite album). Brian, is that Wayne from the Flaming Lips as your avatar?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Are you going to Street Scene?
How dare you even suggest that I might miss a Flaming Lips show in southern California?. yea, I'll be there..
wink.gif
Brian, is that Wayne from the Flaming Lips as your avatar?
Yup. And I agree. I think Loveless is one of the best albums of the 90s.

trampzilla

Reaction score
Here's my choice of mall jeans for under $100 in preferential order:

Buffalo by David Bitton
2(x)ist (they have some washes and cuts under or at a hundred bucks)
Guess jeans at their boutique or outlet stores in the malls (NOT the department store pascal crap though)
certain DKNY Jeans cuts and washes

also you might want to check Zara jeans and A/X jeans, though not my choice some of their washes and cuts do look reasonable for under $100. I like the look of some Gap jeans but all the fits are baggy, they are just too roomy for me. Banana Republic jeans washes and colours I like, but they are too rigid and uptight IMO. Ralph Lauren jeans are ok, but the ones I see in the malls are too hip-hop urban for my liking.

I actually have a couple of A&F jeans from about three years ago, I think. They were the 1892 barstar flare in dark blue thick denim with a nice slim low-rise fit and all without all the hideous distressing or yellow rust washing like someone took a piss over them. They don't make them anymore and I have seen them going on ebay for silly money, but who knows, make they will make a comeback.

Garrett

Reaction score
How dare you even suggest that I might miss a Flaming Lips show in southern California?. yea, I'll be there..
wink.gif
And I agree. I think Loveless is one of the best albums of the 90s.
Correction, loveless is THE best album of the 90s
wink.gif
I'm thinking bout hitting up street scene too, talk about a DAMN good line up. Just a matter of getting ****** from ventura county down to SD =\t1

rearviewmirror

Reaction score
I'm going to have to agree with spin magazine and say the O.K. Computer was the best album of the 90's..

Of course I've never heard of Flaming Lips, or the Loveless album.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How can you like Radiohead without at least knowing of the Flaming Lips?

Harami

Reaction score
I like Guess, for around 80$ you can get a decent pair at regular price. They also carry less fitted jeans if you like that. I just picked up a dark grey pair for about 32$ at the mall marked down from 80.

Garrett

Reaction score
I'm going to have to agree with spin magazine and say the O.K. Computer was the best album of the 90's.. Of course I've never heard of Flaming Lips, or the Loveless album.
If you dont know My Bloody Valentine or the Flaming Lips, I hardly think you can make any sort of educated music judgement no offense, music snob here
devil.gif
p.s. OK Computer is a damn good album, and would be considered better then Loveless by most (especially those who dont know MBV). I still like Kid A more though...

Brian SD

Reaction score
Well since Kid A is 200(1?)(0?) it's out of the running for the 90s.. And I do think OK Computer is a better album than Loveless. And I do think the best album of the 90s (and all time, for that matter, as odd as it seems) is the Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin. For me, it might go 1. Lips 2. OK Comp 3. MBV 4. Pavement 5. Guided By Voices

trampzilla

Reaction score
I'm going to have to agree with spin magazine and say the O.K. Computer was the best album of the 90's..
Personally I think OK Computer is hardly Radiohead's best album, much less of the entire 90's altogether.

pwnzj00

Reaction score
Back on topic....

The best jeans to buy for udner $100 is easy. Levi Shrink-to-fits!

They look almost like Nudie Dry Denim...but they are only like $40-$60 from the Levi store! Be sure to buy 1" up in waist and 3-4" up in length though!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads