• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best bespoke service of world

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This reply is excellent in many ways, but the best perhaps being that one of the 'tailors' recommended is really just an MTM outfit.

Such a useless thread :(

I think it's probably like asking, what's the best restaurant in world? Everyone's opinion will be different. Most would suggest the best bespoke is found in Chicago. Others might suggest Savile Row, some might suggest Milan, some might suggest New York, some might suggest Hong Kong, and they would all be wrong

FTFY

The question is more the problem here.

dirkweems

Reaction score
Hmmm. Honest question? I don't think so.

You are looking for "some" bespoke suits and you heard that Hardy Amies has the best ones.

So you probably don't have any bespoke suits. Do you know what a bespoke suit is? Why do you suddenly need "some" bespoke suits. Do you currently wear suits? If you do, and are now looking for "some" bespoke suits, one would think that you already wear sufficiently expensive OTR or MTM suits, especially as "money is not the problem". Surely one of your visits to whatever department store you buy your suits from, if you do buy suits, probably got some sales associate excited enough to up sell you something better. And that never led to MTM or bespoke for some of those Italian labels or even the ubiquitous RL brand?

Money is not the problem. Flash? Arrogance? Either you spent your money on other things before and now have taken a fancy to purchasing some bespoke suits, or perhaps even the idea of acquiring bespoke suits. Are you suddenly trying to pass yourself as someone else, change identity, acquire a new persona? Or is it something else?

If money is really not the problem, knock on every door on Savile Row and get one bespoke suit made. Or do the same in Homg Komg, Milan or wherever else. One suit, or the service from one establishment may appeal to your sensibilities. And the you can get "some" more bespoke suits made up for you.

How about my question to you
I am looking for some bespoke shotguns. Money is not the problem. I heard that Purdey has the best ones.

So, I want to know from you, where can I find the best bespoke shotgun?

Sounds pretty ridiculous doesn't it. Or maybe your are not a native speaker of English, in which case something has been lost in translation. In which case I apologize in advance.

Paddock

Reaction score
Come on, is it so hard to answer the thread question?

Is It so hard to understand that money isn't a problem for me?

If you don't want to answer, no problem, you can just leave with these hyperbolic questions.

Last edited:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, I cetainly think it is.

If you don't want to answer, no problem, you can just leave with these hyperbolic questions.

Money no problem...
What's the best bespoke service in the world?
What's the best car in the world?
What's the best watch in the world?
What's the best pen in the world?
What's the best shoes in the world?
What's the best hotel in the world?
What's the best laptop in the world?

AFAIK questions with no definitive answers. Any answers will just be opinions, not facts. Also just because something is the most expensive in the world, does NOT necessarily mean it's the best.

Last edited:

imanewbie

Reaction score

its easy, if you have the cash and want to burn it I can provide a service thats out of this world we will travel to thailand, HK, and among other places I will take you to 3 places at each country to get the best suit that will move you like water does to its environment. Everyone will look at you like you are gold with these suits on, but the kicker is that its gonna be at your expensve, but I provide a superior service all over others because I promise your satisfaction....HOWS THAT?

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it so hard to understand that the question makes no sense? As someone mentioned above, it is like asking 'what is the best restaurant'. There is no answer. There are lots of world-class tailoring houses and they all have different styles, if you like the British military style you can go somewhere like Huntsman, if you like the draped style you can go to A&S or Steed, if you like Parisian style you can go to somewhere like Cifonelli, and of course there are countless Italian tailors in Milan and Naples, Rubinacci and so on, as well as several excellent American tailors like Despos. Some of them cost more than others, but when you are operating on the level of the tailors I have listed, that does not necessarily make them 'better'. If you want one of the most expensive, you can go to Kiton and pay $50,000 for one of their 'K-50' suits, but will it be 'better' than a suit from, say, Despos? That is debatable...

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys are marsupials. He's not asking for fact but opinion. It's a completely legitimate question to ask what your opinion is on the best bespoke service in the world just like someone can ask you in your opinion what the best burger in the world is.

Bunch of sandy vaginas in this thread.

You've had a ton of replies in this thread tho

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads