1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Best bespoke service of world

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Paddock, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

2. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

Interesting the choices you made. They are all such different silhouettes with differing looks and methods of construction.

3. Paddock

Paddock Member

I didn't make any choices yet, I will try out this ones first, and so see what fits me better.As I will take 6-8 suits, I think is reasonable to get different looks, maybe I will split this order with 3 tailors, 2 british and 1 italian.

4. comrade

comrade Senior member

5. Paddock

Paddock Member

Ballmouse, does Richard Anderson and Steed offer a great price/quality compared to Huntsman and A&S?

Quote: Despos, I didn't make any choices yet, I just will start for this ones and check which fits me better.Anyways, I will probably take 6-8 suits, so I think is rassonable to split the order, I might get 4 british and 2 italian, don't know exactly yet.

6. Paddock

Paddock Member

Ballmouse, does Richard Anderson and Steed offer a great Price/Quality compared to Huntsman and A&S?

Quote: Despos, I didn't make any choices yet, I just will start for this ones and check which fits me better.Anyways, I will probably take 6-8 suits, so I think is rassonable to split the order, I might get 4 british and 2 italian, don't know exactly yet.

7. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

Not if you get them altogether in one room. Then, they become a Dream Team, like the opening credits in The Six Million Dollar Man.

Just imagine it: a suit with every feature. A fly with buttons and zipper. Center vent? Yes...but side vents, too. Soft shoulders with military flair.

Turnback cuffs so expertly sewn that the naked eye can't see them...you need a microscope!

A high powered one, the kind from Germany.

2 people like this.
  8. doughboysc

doughboysc Senior member

If you went to London and have lots of dough, go to Anderson & Sheppard in Savile Row you dig! For shirts, Turnbull & Asser. Also they got T&A in NYC and Los Angeles as well. :)

9. Brendon

Brendon Senior member

If I get a customer asking for 6 or 8 suits, I would encourage them to try 1 especially if the supposedly have not had bespoke suits before. Someone who comes into a tailoring room and orders 6 or 8 suits would usually be too good to be true

10. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

can you have cuffs AND no cuffs?

11. doughboysc

doughboysc Senior member

Pleats=Yes, Flat-Fronts (which I prefer)= Hell no!

12. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

any tailor that takes a 6-8 suit initial order from a new customer is just begging for trouble.

13. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

:embar:

14. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

If you have two legs, yes.

15. in stitches

excellents, same for wide AND narrow lapels? if you have two nipples that is.

16. Paddock

Paddock Member

As I said I will probably split the order, probably 2 A&S 2 Huntsman and 2 Kiton/Brioni, let's see next month!

17. in stitches

keep us posted throughout the entire process mkay?

18. MoeMonney

MoeMonney Member

Anyone ever heard of Michael Reslan in NYC? He has a penthouse boutique store by appointment only.

19. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

Me, too.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  20. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

I assume the appointments are needed to give him enough time to change from his pajamas and brush his teeth.