• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke Shoes - Cleverly vs. Green

Smooth Jazz

Reaction score
Overall my experience with Cleverley has been positive save for one or two things -- my first pair was fine save the right foot felt too tight over the area where one laces the shoe -- the second had the same problem and so did the third despite both Mr. Glasgow and Mr. Davies assuring me the problem would be fixed -- also, for the third shoe I specifically asked for a chiseled toe and they made a round toe -- there inability to make any changes after they had fitted the trial shoe has been quite disappointing.  

I am currently considering whether to stick with Cleverley or switch to EG, Lobb Paris or based on some recent recommendations (including lisapop's above) Perry Ercolino.  Lobb Paris starts at $4,300 plus tax and rises quite quickly thereafter (they charge extra for things like brouging), whereas both EG and PE both work out to be in the $3k region.  My first MTM special order with EG did not go as well as the shoes are way too tight -- which is giving me some room for pause.  

Based on my by and large positive experiences with local tailors in NY vs. my so far less than stellar experiences with traveling tailors from London, I am very tempted to use PE.  Do any of you gentlemen have his contact details?  I would very much like to see his work first hand.  Lisapop, could you please describe your interactions with him in some more detail (measuring, fittings, design, etc.).  

Best regards.

lisapop

Reaction score
Perry Ercolino
(215) 348-5885
51 E Oakland Ave
Doylestown, PA 18901

Mention my name.
Grayson

lisapop

Reaction score
I'd be happy to post some pics of bespoke shoes for those in touch with their inner Imelda Marcoses, but I'm afraid even the seemingly simplistic instructions on doing so are lost on me.
Grayson

lisapop

Reaction score
Perry is no longer working from Logsdail's place.  Logsdail is taking on a refugee from Lobb.  I'm trying to help Perry re-situate somewhere locally.  
Grayson

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boy, is it me, or has the price of bespoke shoes sky-rocketed over the past several years?
wow.gif
koji

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Boy, is it me, or has the price of bespoke shoes sky-rocketed over the past several years?
wow.gif
Mostly -- but not all -- due to the decline in the dollar.

Smooth Jazz

Reaction score
I suppose my dream of bespoke EG's will remain just that.... koji
Could be a neat product placement opportunity for EG to have you step on the pedal at your concerts wearing one of their bespoke Fawlsey's -- a little far fetched but probably worth a try
smile.gif

Cliff

Reaction score
I can add my two cents re: Perry Ercolino. Â Perry has made four pair for me and I can echo smooth jazz and Graysons praises. Â Perry had been trained in orthopedic shoemaking (long ago). Â I know his web site is not functioning but I didn't know he wasn't camped out at Logsdails. I attached some pic's of my Ercolino's. http://img135.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...=perrys3rx.jpg

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I know his web site is not functioning but I didn't know he wasn't camped out at Logsdails.
His samples and brochures are still there. Len says he doesn't come regularly (once a week) like he used to, but meets clients there by appointment.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
cliff, can you repost that link, it doesn't work.
sad.gif

lisapop

Reaction score
By the way, Perry is working on a more moderately priced line of shoes that will be quasi-bespoke, for those shoe aficionados with an attendant need to eat three meals a day and keep a roof over their heads
smile.gif
Grayson

Cliff

Reaction score
whnay. Sure, I'm using ImageShack. I'll use another 'link', although it seems to work when I click on it. Here goes:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads