• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke shoes @ 330 Pounds?

dsmolken

Reaction score

From what I've heard, Adler Shoes is doing well and have produced some very fine shoes for their customers. One of those is a friend of mine. Says they're the best shoes he's ever had.

But does he weigh at least 330 pounds?

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

From what I've heard, Adler Shoes is doing well and have produced some very fine shoes for their customers. One of those is a friend of mine. Says they're the best shoes he's ever had.

Ask your friend to post some pictures of his shoes.

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This thread is full of laughs...
I thought at first is was bespoke shoes for a man who weighed 300 pounds, so I clicked in to see what that could be about. I was disappointed to find out it was not about finding some sturdy footwear.
I think this guy was spamming to try to drum up some business only to find it go south. Threats of a copyright claim made me laugh.

:D

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

pstoehr

Reaction score
I'm 65 and live in New York. Maybe not your typical member. But a real person with no ax to grind.

I just ordered a pair of shoes from Adler. With shipping the cost is $510. That was after reading all these posts. Why?

While there's no credible internet reviews there are no negative ones either. Perhaps they haven't had many sales yet. Internet companies are often run out of a bedroom (as may be this forum), yet that of itself doesn't impact service. Many Ebay and Amazon vendors do a good job.

I had some questions so I called. I got a call back about an hour later and had a long discussion with the representative (owner?). When I placed my order I used Paypal, which has a good buyer protection plan. I placed the order on Thursday and got the measuring kit on Monday, from Germany. The address is Adler Shoes Germany, Carl-Heydemann-Ring 96, H&V Sven Nabers, Stralsund, 18437, Germany.

I expect to get my shoes in about 2 months, and will share my experience with anyone who asks.

This may be a forum for Metrosexuals. Personally, I think comfort is the most important thing in shoes. I have bad feet. I'm built more like a hockey player than a biker or marathoner, and my feet have taken a beating over the years. My alternatives were Mephistos, Allen Edmonds, sneakers or orthopedic shoes. Or custom made shoes that cost 2000-3000 per pair. These seem a no-brainer.

They will not be signed by the designer. Hopefully they will be well made. One thing I learned is that shoes are made from the inside out. The man who called me mentioned an order for some very stylish Italian type shoes ordered by a customer with short, wide feet. To accommodate the the foot in that style, the shoes would have to be 17 inches long!

Given the constraints of the shape of your foot, any style can be made or copied. (I think the guy said a Blucher is a Blucher, an Oxford is an Oxford). The website is very poor and probably the shoes pictured are just examples of those they can make, not all they are capable of, or things they have designed. I don't know if they are violating patent law, although I doubt it. Even if they are, that generally doesn't affect the purchaser.

I think these are properly called custom made, rather than made to order. Made to order, such as Hong Kong suits, involve taking many measurements. The suits are then made by taking (for example) 34 inch left sleeve and a 35 inch right sleeve, etc. In shoes I guess the same thing might be matching a 10D right with a 10.5E left. Some companies will do this. In contrast, here they take a mold of your foot and make the shoe around it. Somewhat similar to ski boots, but there the outside is pre-determined.

Anyway, I'll let you know if I wind up getting screwed, but I don't think I will.

Searcher

Reaction score
Hello pstoehr,

I'm from Germany and I was looking around the internet for experience with adlershoes because I'm planning to order some for myself.
I came over your entry and would like to ask if you have got your shoes already and if so, how is the quality and the design?

Thanks in advance,
Searcher

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm 65 and live in New York. Maybe not your typical member. But a real person with no ax to grind.

I just ordered a pair of shoes from Adler. With shipping the cost is $510. That was after reading all these posts. Why?

While there's no credible internet reviews there are no negative ones either. Perhaps they haven't had many sales yet. Internet companies are often run out of a bedroom (as may be this forum), yet that of itself doesn't impact service. Many Ebay and Amazon vendors do a good job.

I had some questions so I called. I got a call back about an hour later and had a long discussion with the representative (owner?). When I placed my order I used Paypal, which has a good buyer protection plan. I placed the order on Thursday and got the measuring kit on Monday, from Germany. The address is Adler Shoes Germany, Carl-Heydemann-Ring 96, H&V Sven Nabers, Stralsund, 18437, Germany.

I expect  to get my shoes in about 2 months, and will share my experience with anyone who asks.

This may be a forum for Metrosexuals. Personally, I think comfort is the most important thing in shoes. I have bad feet. I'm built more like a hockey player than a biker or marathoner, and my feet have taken a beating over the years. My alternatives were Mephistos, Allen Edmonds, sneakers or orthopedic shoes. Or custom made shoes that cost 2000-3000 per pair. These seem a no-brainer.

They will not be signed by the designer. Hopefully they will be well made. One thing I learned is that shoes are made from the inside out. The man who called me mentioned an order for some very stylish Italian type shoes ordered by a customer with short, wide feet. To accommodate the the foot in that style, the shoes would have to be 17 inches long!

Given the constraints of the shape of your foot, any style can be made or copied. (I think the guy said a Blucher is a Blucher, an Oxford is an Oxford). The website is very poor and probably the shoes pictured are just examples of those they can make, not all they are capable of, or things they have designed. I don't know if they are violating patent law, although I doubt it. Even if they are, that generally doesn't affect the purchaser.

I think these are properly called custom made, rather than made to order. Made to order, such as Hong Kong suits, involve taking many measurements.  The suits are then made by taking (for example) 34 inch left sleeve and a 35 inch right sleeve, etc. In shoes I guess the  same thing might be matching a 10D right with a 10.5E left. Some companies will do this. In contrast, here they take a mold of your foot and make the shoe around it. Somewhat similar to ski boots, but there the outside is pre-determined. 

Anyway, I'll let you know if I wind up getting screwed, but I don't think I will.

Cool story, but why are you comfortable buying from a far away place, over the internet, that has no reviews to speak of? What gave you such comfort??

:confused:

222Lurchi222

Reaction score
I have had very good experience with Adler-Shoes ….

… following a thorough internet research, reading bulletin boards and blogs, I came across this company and ordered a pair of shoes.
I received a kit with which I bandaged my feet, took a cast and sent it back – free of charge.
Based on this cast, the company produced my personal last. For further orders all I need to do is send them my last number.

On to quality: The fit is great; the leather used for the shoe, as well.
You hardly feel the shoes at all. Those of you who are running around all day in business shoes know what I am talking about.

What I liked best: Right after delivery of my shoes I had to place a claim (the sole of the heel had a defect) and e-mailed to the distribution
partner. On the very same day I received a response including a cost-free UPS parcel label to be printed out.
So I sent back the shoes; two weeks later they were back and this time everything was perfect.

In my opinion, the quality of a company shows best in cases of claims and here all I can say is: Kudos!
Very good solution, I am extremely happy and will definitely continue to order shoes made to measure at Adler-Shoes.

Reaction score
So - any new news on this site, or the shoes that they produce?

I wear a size 16, so my only real options are AE - or going broke going bespoke. My only issue with AE is the very limited number of choices available, so when I found the Adler Shoes site I was interested to find out what kind of quality they are putting out.

Does anyone have any recent experience with them? Any pics to post of the shoes they produce? How 'true to fit' were they?

Searcher

Reaction score
Hello,

after no answer in this forum, I got an answer from another forum and after the good news from this buyer, I have placed an order at adlershoes. I've ordered a custom made pair of this Oxford captoe: http://www.adlershoes.de/contents/de/p10_oxford_toecap_massschuh.html in black.
I thought I would write some words about the shoes here, because when I was on my search after informations about adlershoes, I came to this forum, so maybe other like me could profite from these informations.

At all it tooks 10 1/2 weeks from the Order to Delivery of the shoes. forming my feet was first a bit strange, but in the second view easier than expected. I've done it obviously very well: the shoes fit. :) In the first moment they seem to be to tight for bespoke shoes, but after a mail to adlershoes, I was explained to wear them for several times, they would fit with the warmness und humidity of my feet and after that they fit very good and are comfortable too.
Here are some pictures I took after receiving the shoes:

Sorry for the not-perfect pictures, but I'm not a professional photographer.
The shoes were packed in a cotton-bag, each shoe separated. So far I'm very happy with my new shoes. The leather seems to be a good quality, I'm not a leather-expert, but the touch and odour is very nice.
I have already ordered some boots for winter time.

Hopefully I could give some useful informations.

sincerely,
Searcher

Last edited:

The Eagle

Reaction score

Well, after my long 3 month wait, they arrived from Germany. And my second pair were only a mere 3 weeks! And, I have 'poor quality' photos. And I am very impressed with them. By the way, Adler is the German word for Eagle, hence the eagle imprint.

I have photos of my mid brown Londoner II (2nd pair) and here they are!

They are very very comfy. ***WARNING*** For Gods Sake, do NOT wear them in the wet for their first few outings under any circumstances, the leather soles on my first pair leaked like billiyo because I wore them out in the rain, but it rained so much this summer it was very hard not to wear them in the wet.

By the way, the comfort factor is very impressive, even only on the 2nd full day of wearing them did I come home with my feet feeling very comfy.

Price, well £340, but here in the UK with even the cheapest bespoke costing £1500 for a first pair and £950 there after, there is really very little choice. Hope Eagle Shoes keep going for a few years to come.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads