• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke shoes @ 330 Pounds?

Jose Rosario

Reaction score
I just happened to come across this forum today, and I'm not very surprised by the mix of opinions regarding J. Adler. Everyone is their own expert these days, and we all seem to have a different sense of "value".

I just received my first order from them last month, and I love my shoes. I came across this site while browsing around to see if anyone else out there in cyber world was making the same quality shoe for a lower price. (I know I'm a little greedy - I got perfect shoes and then tried to find them cheaper...) Of course, as you guys can probably guess I haven't found anyone else that comes close in price, so I feel that I got an amazing deal with them.

I just wanted one pair of custom-fit designer shoes to wear for extra special occasions, but the loafers I received were so beautiful and so comfortable that I wear them much more often than I expected to. And for the first time in my life I actually have random people commenting on how much they like my shoes, and asking where I got them.

As I read the comments previously posted in this forum, I have to wonder if average people like me realize that any one person's experience with any company isn't a representation of what YOUR experience will be like. You have it to give it a shot yourself to cast your own judgment. I work with the public, so I know that some people are simply impossible to please. I also know that when you have an extremely unpleasant customer, you do tend to handle them differently than you do polite and reasonable people.

As a one time (but likely long time) customer, I feel that I can say your experience with Adler will be what you make it. Be polite, be reasonable, follow directions (with the casting socks) and I bet whether you like their website or customer service or not, you will be pleased with the shoes and isn't that the most important part?

As some other people did, I am posting pictures of my amazing new shoes below. Please excuse the amateur photography.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads