• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bends or OkComputer

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
The correct answer is Kid A.

This is correct

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
When I want to listen to Radiohead I just make a playlist with songs from both.

Fake Plastic Trees
High and Dry
Nice Dream
Street Spirit
How Can You Be Sure
Let Down
No Surprises

That's enough. Next artist.

mksims

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
OKC, easily. The Bends is what got me into Radiohead, but the songs on OKC are superior.

Spot on.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i got my wife into radiohead slooowly...

but did it in a weird way:

i'd play Kid A in the car at low volume. (eventually she noticed how many movies had those songs in it)

then i started ok computer (a ton of familiar music that was sprinkled in movies as well)

when the bends, in rainbows, and pablo honey came around she was actually pissed at me because she thought radiohead never actually made any catchy pop friendly albums.

so for every coldplay/U2 concert she makes me go to with her (actually coldplay is a great live spectacle) I can bring her to a radiohead concert.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had listened to a few Radiohead songs back in the day but it wasn't until Amnesiac that I decided to buy an album of theirs. After Amnesiac, I bought Kid A. By the time I got to OK Computer, which I was somewhat familiar with, the album didn't seem quite as groundbreaking.

As for those replying to this thread who don't like Radiohead, why are you here? When you saw the threads title did you think "A poll about Radiohead? I don't like them, but I'll just add my own two cents anyways"?

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
need a neither option for the most overrated band of the lkast 20 years

so so happy this was the first response.

fffffut

Reaction score
i have no idea why but my friends (and everyone else it seems) are all enamored with this ****
i just cant listen to it
there is nothing that makes it interesting at all

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fffffut
i have no idea why but my friends (and everyone else it seems) are all enamored with this ****
i just cant listen to it
there is nothing that makes it interesting at all

lol.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK Computer is the most overrated album of the last 20 years; I mean seriously, it's number one on like every mainstream critic's 90's list.... it is name dropped by every college kid who doesn't listen to Lil Wayne (and even the kids that listen to Lil Wayne probably name drop OKC in a failed attempt to lay girls with bangs).

It's solid, but it is not the second coming of Sgt Pepper or whatever the **** people like to consider it. With that said, The Bends, it's a good album; fun to listen to and doesn't get caught up in its own pretentiousness.

Saul Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Radiohead, but it's nauseating to hear Pitchfork + other musical snobs gush over them as if they're the greatest thing to happen to music. I give their music a spin every now and then, but it's not like they changed my life or anything.

edit: Ok computer

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even though hipster little brother thought OK Computer was my favourite, it's actually Kid A.
blush.gif

Andrewc2232

Reaction score
Ok Computer is simply the better album.

I also think Radiohead is one of the few truly important bands of the last quarter century.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads