1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Bends or OkComputer

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by MetroStyles, Feb 5, 2009.

1. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

wow i dont even know what to say to that heres a fact

The Dark Side of the Moon was an immediate success, topping the Billboard 200 for one week. It subsequently remained in the charts for 741 weeks from 1973 to 1988, longer than any other album in history. With an estimated 45 million copies sold

yes thats right 15 fucking years!!!!!!!! longer then radio Head have been a band

Ok Computer (a great album) is what Pink Floyd would leave OFF their album.

Let's not go crazy. Pink Floyd is one of the great rock bands of all time. Radiohead is probably in the top 20 at this point, given their ability to both rock and innovate. They have gotten "too weird" too soon to ever be among the top greats in rock, but to compare them to something like Muse is overdoing it. They are probably the best band, given their entire catalog, of the last 15 years. Not my favorite, but probably objectively the best.

2. frenchy

frenchy Senior member

Let's not go crazy. Pink Floyd is one of the great rock bands of all time. Radiohead is probably in the top 20 at this point, given their ability to both rock and innovate. They have gotten "too weird" too soon to ever be among the top greats in rock, but to compare them to something like Muse is overdoing it. They are probably the best band, given their entire catalog, of the last 15 years. Not my favorite, but probably objectively the best.
    i didnt ,i said its like comparing muse to The beatles (muse is a great band by the way)..i actually like them better then RH,they just fucking rock out man and if you ever see their shows they are very Pink Floydesque,whereas Rh takes themselves wayyyy to seriously (even though i do like them) kinda like Chris Martin and company whom i absolutely loathe

3. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

They are probably the best band, given their entire catalog, of the last 15 years.

If not untrue, this is depressing.

4. MetroStyles

If not untrue, this is depressing.

Open to other suggestions.

5. frenchy

frenchy Senior member

Open to other suggestions.

Foo Fighters
    Chili Peppers
    White Stripes
    NIRVANA!!!!!!

6. frenchy

frenchy Senior member

Green day
    Pearl jam...

7. MetroStyles

Foo Fighters
    Chili Peppers
    White Stripes
    NIRVANA!!!!!!

Foo Fighters - maybe, but only their first two albums were really great. The others delved into pop too much.

Chili Peppers - Their best came before 1995, and I think we can all agree on that.

White Stripes - maybe, but not as much good stuff put out as Radiohead overall. Great band though.

Nirvana - lol dude. Pre-1995.

8. MetroStyles

Green day
    Pearl jam...

Now you gotta be trolling. Again, neither has been particularly incredible in the last 15 years.

9. frenchy

frenchy Senior member

when you are over 30 it all kinda blends in together to me last 15 years goes back to like 1990 hehe.

and saying that two good albums is all they have,well the same can be said of radio head,whats good for the goose...

not trolling by the way

10. MetroStyles

when you are over 30 it all kinda blends in together to me last 15 years goes back to like 1990 hehe.

and saying that two good albums is all they have,well the same can be said of radio head,whats good for the goose...

not trolling by the way

Well you can understand my surprise when you mentioned a band whose lead singer had been dead for the entire period in question. [​IMG]

11. frenchy

frenchy Senior member

Kurts dead!!!!!!!!!??????????

12. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

I just re-read the Pitchfork Kid A review. I think it is the most pretentious piece of musical journalism I have ever read in my life! http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/6656-kid-a/
    There's pretentious, and then there's badly-written. It's okay to use flowery language, particularly when you want to convey a sense of breathlessness in a review, but you need to have the composition skills to support it. Anyway, this threak has persuaded me to download OKC and Kid A. From what I've heard so far, they're good, not blow-my-head-wide-open great.

13. fffffut

fffffut Senior member

wow i dont even know what to say to that heres a fact

The Dark Side of the Moon was an immediate success, topping the Billboard 200 for one week. It subsequently remained in the charts for 741 weeks from 1973 to 1988, longer than any other album in history. With an estimated 45 million copies sold

yes thats right 15 fucking years!!!!!!!! longer then radio Head have been a band

Ok Computer (a great album) is what Pink Floyd would leave OFF their album.

well i really dont like radiohead
    i dont find anything about their music interesting
    pink floyd on the other hand, while overrated (not bad), i can enjoy

Lol @ you guys arguing over what is all obviously bad music for the sake of further pitting the size of your penises (peni?) against each other.
    ftfy

14. brlfvr

brlfvr Senior member

"just"

15. word

word Senior member

wtf happened here?

16. Contingency Plan

Contingency Plan Senior member

In Rainbows is better than Kid A and both are better than any other Radiohead album you heard it here first

17. mordecai

mordecai Senior member

Lol @ you guys arguing over what is all obviously good music for the sake of further pitting the size of your penises (peni?) against each other.

penis size is constant among radiohead fans

18. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

Kid A is brilliant. The old stuff is decent. In Rainbows is samey garbage.

19. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Kid A is brilliant. The old stuff is decent. In Rainbows is samey garbage.

How do you figure?

20. word

word Senior member

In Rainbows is better than Kid A and both are better than any other Radiohead album you heard it here first

Haven't heard it yet. Guess I got one extra thing to do this weekend.