1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Belvest Suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by eztantz, Sep 29, 2010.

1. eztantz

eztantz Senior member

Looking at this suit on STP - have a few questions though maybe someone here can verify.

1) How do they fit are they roomy like Hickey Freeman suits or slimmer like Zegna and other EU/Italian suits and i need to size up

2) Are they fully canvassed? STP usually has this info like on Isaia and Corneliani and being that they omitted this here I'm wondering why.

Thanx

2. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

3. eztantz

eztantz Senior member

Can someone compare the sizing/cut to that of a different maker?

4. OttoSkadelig

OttoSkadelig Senior member

Can someone compare the sizing/cut to that of a different maker?

belvest cuts really vary by model, like any italian brand. but in general, the fit is typically athletic, while still being fairly roomy and forgiving. the one constant that you can count on is that, unlike an american brand like HF, the armholes will be nice and high... even for the looser fits. shoulder padding runs the gamut from light to moderately built-up - again, depending on model.

they make superb suits that don't deviate from the established higher-end italian model of essentially machine-made, with a fair amount of hand-finished details. however, are you sure you really want this one? the stripes look a bit pimpy up-close.

5. OttoSkadelig

OttoSkadelig Senior member

They're not skinny suits, but they're not sacks, either. This was in Details awhile back: [​IMG]
    this looks really excellent - you can see the very clean shoulder, high armholes, nice chest shaping, and typically nice belvest proportions to excellent effect.

6. eztantz

eztantz Senior member

belvest cuts really vary by model, like any italian brand. but in general, the fit is typically athletic, while still being fairly roomy and forgiving. the one constant that you can count on is that, unlike an american brand like HF, the armholes will be nice and high... even for the looser fits. shoulder padding runs the gamut from light to moderately built-up - again, depending on model.

Im big in the chest (slightly barrel chested so a roomier chest is best) with a relatively normal gut - perfect for HF not for slim/athletic Usually run between 56L/58L EU in Zegna some Corneliani 56L fit great others just have the most odd measurements...

they make superb suits that don't deviate from the established higher-end italian model of essentially machine-made, with a fair amount of hand-finished details. however, are you sure you really want this one? the stripes look a bit pimpy up-close.

Kinda hard to make the pinstripes out - some items have swatch pics but unfortunately this doesnt

7. silvercitynyc

silvercitynyc Senior member

Any update on the general sizing/styling of Belveset in relation to, say, RLBL (ignoring the high-roping of RLBL)?

8. JTA

JTA Senior member

Belvest sizing is slim but does not require you to size up. Generally their cut is clean and their construction is top notch.

9. silvercitynyc

Where are the best places to see a good selection of Belvest?

10. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

If you are in San Francisco area, Barcelino is the only place that I know of.

11. silvercitynyc

Quote:How about NYC area? Their site is less than helpful.

12. romafan

romafan Senior member

They make some of Davide Cenci's (68th&Mad) stuff.

13. comrade

comrade Senior member

Several points: 1. I own several Belvest suits and jackets. I wear 44 R and actually measure 44" in the chest with proportionate shoulders. 2. Wilkes Bashford in San Francisco carried Belvest until 2010/2011. Their G335 model should work for you. It is available on the web principally at: http://www.frieschskys.com/index.php/all-brands/belvest Barcelino in San Francisco also carries Belvest but its' design makes it more appropriate for Silvio Dante or Paulie Walnuts of The Sopranos. Not the SF paradigm. 3. I understand that Peter Elliot in New York Also carries Belvest. I have never seen their models " in person". But the shop's overall look is trad/ classical, a la Paul Stuart. Overall, beautifully made garments. PM me if you need more details.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  14. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

I'm afraid I have no idea.

15. jeff13007

jeff13007 Senior member

Theres a place on madison that regularly has them on sale. Im not sure of the name but its near the sony store. Will post here when I'm sure of the name, they also carry partenopea

16. jeff13007

jeff13007 Senior member

The place is called "Pravda" its on madison between 51st and 52nd.