barbour x tokito sizing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Teger

Teger Senior member

anyone know the deal? looking to pick up the horse riding jacket, need to know if I should go with a M or L - usually a 40r. also why don't we have a barbour tokito thread?

2. husbands

husbands Senior member

that's kinda borderline but I'd go with a M for a tighter fit, L for a looser one. That jacket looks good tighter, IMO, so maybe M. I currently have the sage bicycle jacket and I love it - it is more versatile than the horse riding jacket, and the windskirt is much appreciated when you are actually on a bike. next season looks great: http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/...kihito-yoshida I dunno if I'd need to move this to the B&S threads but: I am actually looking to sell a almost brand new with tags brown horse riding jacket from last year's collection in size S if anyone is interested. $175 and pm for pictures.

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

how slim is a m in the shoulders? I have big shoulders and would want something I could layer. the bike jacket is a little too 'practical' for me, especially since I don't ride

4. husbands

husbands Senior member

ah I have no idea on measurements. if you want to layer I'd probably go large, and the shoulders are definitely much narrower on the to ki to than other barbour so maybe that is the way to go. also the new motorbike shirt jacket is vastly better than last years: [​IMG]

5. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

I remember debating between S or M in BxT (didn't buy though) and I'm a 36. You can look at measurements for different jackets in the line on Oi Polloi, which show the bicycle in L has a 23" p2p, which is the same as a S in most regular Barbour jackets (which surprising fit me alright with 10" of chest clearance).

6. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

anyone know the deal? looking to pick up the horse riding jacket, need to know if I should go with a M or L - usually a 40r. also why don't we have a barbour tokito thread?

Buy it. Buy the shit out of it. I love this jacket.

We're about the same size and I got a medium. It's a good, overall slim fit that's slimmer than the usual Barbour.

And it's incredible how much better this thing is in person. The crazy product photos don't show you the real shape of it. When it's on, it has a modified M65 shape. It's the best barbour product that I've seen.

7. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I would think 40 is an L if you have any intention of wearing anything more than a shirt underneath. I'm a 42 and the XL feels perfect and snug if I'm layering stuff under it.

8. GlenCoe

GlenCoe Senior member

+1000

I believe this is M,
    just to get the idea how these fit on a person

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Teger

Teger Senior member

We're about the same size and I got a medium. It's a good, overall slim fit that's slimmer than the usual Barbour.

And it's incredible how much better this thing is in person. The crazy product photos don't show you the real shape of it. When it's on, it has a modified M65 shape. It's the best barbour product that I've seen.

hm.. this makes me want to grab the M. can you layer at all?

10. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

I second the praise of the Horse riding jacket - just got mine and its fantastic - i also have the new quilted jacket form this seasons line and its great - the green one.

11. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Senior member

Do you guys have the waxed version or the one on OC?

12. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

Do you guys have the waxed version or the one on OC?

I have the waxed version and its great, ill get around to some fit pics in a few days of both of my barbour x tokito jackets

13. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

[​IMG]

this is how mine fits on me ... worn most of this week

14. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Senior member

I have the xxl in the bicycle, it fits just right in the shoulders and is a bit big across the chest. I wear a 44R suit, XL in most outerwear.

Anyone check out those non-waxed jackets (like on the OC sale) and care to comment? Wondering what those are like in person.

15. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I have one of the OC ones - completely different animal from waxed cotton - same cut but raingear material, very light. I like mine in dark brown. Has some sheen to it but it works well.