• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

banned Xbox360's - get em while they are cheap!

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So last week I heard about the modded XBox360's being banned from XBox Live so I starting thinking... what will happen with all of those banned XBox systems?

I took a look on Craigslist and people can't get rid of these things fast enough! Everyone is trying to dump them so they can buy new XBox systems before the holidays. I found everything from guys selling just the console with no cables or controllers for $50 to people selling full systems with games for $200.

I don't give a **** about XBox live, I don't want to play games with/against anyone else. I just want to play the occasional round of guitar hero and maybe L4D2 so I settled on one.

For $125 I received:

XBox 360 Arcade Edition
200GB hard drive
2 wireless controllers
1 guitar controller
1 microphone controller
headphones
HDMI cable and all other Xbox cables/accessories
and a stack of dozens of burned games that fills an entire CD spindle!

He's also bringing over the Rockband drumset this week too, along with some more games he's burning for me. I was a little worried about getting a broken XBox but he was more than willing to bring it over, hook it up and play through a few games for a while to prove it was in good shape.

All in all, I think I made out pretty well! I read today that hackers have found a way to get around the banning system but it's very complicated. I have a feeling that people only have another week or two before they'll start taking the banned systems off Craigslist and try to "unban" them.

spencers

Reaction score
Nice. I wouldn't mind picking up a banned unit. I don't care about playing games online. The only time my game system (Nintendo 64) gets used is when people are over.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spencers
Nice. I wouldn't mind picking up a banned unit. I don't care about playing games online. The only time my game system (Nintendo 64) gets used is when people are over.

Just search CL for "Banned xbox" or "xbox mod" and you'll find tons of results. Just about all of them are open to negotiations on the price too.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
XBOXs are useless without xbox live.

yeah, all those stupid "single player modes" ... what were they thinking
dozingoff.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics