• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Band of Outsiders

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought one from thenextdoor. It is a great fall/winter layering piece that you can wear a button-down shirt or lightweight sweater underneath.
The only problem I have is that it fits bigger than the shirts. I wear medium (2) in BoO shirts, so I purchased a size 2 in the shirt-jacket. It fits little bigger than I would like so my size 2 may be up for sale soon.
Oh. I found one at Opening Ceremony on 50% off, but in small. I usually wear xs, so this jacket will not fit me.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Does anyone have experience with the camel hair baseball jacket from this season? It looks nice and I'm curious about the sizing (whether it fits like the shirts or more TTS - I'm a medium in shirts) and what people's thoughts overall are of it.
I'm referring to this one: http://www.endclothing.com/band-of-outsiders-camelhair-baseball-jacket.html

I'm guessing you are probably a 1(small) in this, because I have experienced their harringtons and baseball jackets tend to fit 1 size large. (I have a harrington from last F/W in a 1, while I wear a 2 in all their shirts & cardigans). However, your best bet is to email End. End also has some seriously confusing sizing - they are saying a 2 is a small, while a 2 is definitely a medium, and a 3 is a large in Band.

However, I have noticed everything seems to be a bit slimmer this season, so you could be a 2, which is medium (small according to End).

Last edited:

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm guessing you are probably a 1(small) in this, because I have experience that their harringtons and baseball jackets tend to fit 1 size large. (I have a harrington from last F/W in a 1, while I wear a 2 in all their shirts & cardigans). However, your best bet is to email end. End also has some seriously confusing sizing - they are saying a 2 is a small, while a 2 is definitely a medium, and a 3 is a large in Band.
I have noticed everything seems to be a bit slimmer this season.

Thanks for the input. Yeah End sizing is confusing which wasn't helping me. OC has the same model wearing the same size in shirts as the jacket which lead me to believe I should size the same, but had heard jackets tend to fit larger than shirts or basically more true to size. Wish I was able to try on in person, would be so helpful :plain:

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks for the input. Yeah End sizing is confusing which wasn't helping me. OC has the same model wearing the same size in shirts as the jacket which lead me to believe I should size the same, but had heard jackets tend to fit larger than shirts or basically more true to size. Wish I was able to try on in person, would be so helpful :plain:
Measure a different jacket that fits you well, find measurements for this one, compare.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm guessing you are probably a 1(small) in this, because I have experienced their harringtons and baseball jackets tend to fit 1 size large. (I have a harrington from last F/W in a 1, while I wear a 2 in all their shirts & cardigans). However, your best bet is to email End. End also has some seriously confusing sizing - they are saying a 2 is a small, while a 2 is definitely a medium, and a 3 is a large in Band.
However, I have noticed everything seems to be a bit slimmer this season, so you could be a 2, which is medium (small according to End).

Which harrington do you have? The leather one?
Thanks
Pat

FondDeJante

Reaction score
There's some nice BoO been appearing up on Yoox recently. I copped this, not sure how usable a white corduroy tux will be but it looks amazing:

Anyone know what year/season/where made?

Hype1234

Reaction score
Anyone know what a band of outsiders "pince" shirt is? I've seen this word describing their oxfords a couple of times. Is it just a style name?

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for the BoO Camel Hair varsity in a 2 if anyone has it in and is interested in selling.
Thanks

filcol

Reaction score
Can someone comment on this year's sizing? Want to buy size 1 shirt at tresbienshop, but not sure if I may need size 0. I wear XS in APC Shirts, S in brands that fit slim.

oxyfox

Reaction score
Is anyone looking to sell any blazers in a size 3? Would be even more interested if you had matching pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads