1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Band of Outsiders

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Caveat, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I have champagne taste and a beer budget. For someone who is trying to redo his wardrobe and can't spend $150 a shirt, what brands would you recommend? There are several pieces of the new Band of Outsiders stuff on Context that I am in love with, but I shouldn't be looking at. The shirts look a tad short, but that's moot since I'm going to be looking for something different. Examples of things I want but can't have:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Lysol

Lysol Senior member

Can you let me know where these $150 Band of Outsiders shirts are located?

3. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Can you let me know where these $150 Band of Outsiders shirts are located?

The ones I found at Context are $187-$210. The ties are $119/$135. Are you nitpicking because I didn't say "I can't pay $187 for a shirt?"

4. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

5. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

J crew, tailor it down if you need to.

6. Lysol

Lysol Senior member

Are you nitpicking because I didn't say "I can't pay $187 for a shirt?"

Jesus christ, did everyone on this board put a dress on this morning?

BoO shirts are universally known to be in the $200 - $300 range. You saying that you found them for $150 lead me to believe you're looking somewhere that I am not.

If I wanted to nitpick I would've responded with "You're asking a question that's asked 10 times daily on this board, did you even bother to look around?" or "Get a better job and pay for nicer stuff."

7. GiltGroupe

GiltGroupe Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We're having a Band of Outsiders sale on Gilt Groupe very soon. Might be closer to your beer budget!

8. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

We're having a Band of Outsiders sale on Gilt Groupe very soon. Might be closer to your beer budget!

Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. raginberriodoom

raginberriodoom Senior member

Any information on the date? I am definitely looking forward to this.

10. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Jesus christ, did everyone on this board put a dress on this morning?

BoO shirts are universally known to be in the $200 - $300 range. You saying that you found them for $150 lead me to believe you're looking somewhere that I am not.

If I wanted to nitpick I would've responded with "You're asking a question that's asked 10 times daily on this board, did you even bother to look around?" or "Get a better job and pay for nicer stuff."

What the hell is wrong with you? Relax.

11. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Awesome! Thanks.

12. 1969

1969 Senior member

J crew, tailor it down if you need to.

I'll go one better than this...Get a Small or XS from Old Navy on sale for around $13. Hell, buy two. It will feel like a burlap sack and won't hold it's shape, but you can have it dry cleaned7-8 times a year and still come out ahead.

13. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I'll go one better than this...Get a Small or XS from Old Navy on sale for around $13. Hell, buy two. It will feel like a burlap sack and won't hold it's shape, but you can have it dry cleaned7-8 times a year and still come out ahead.

Is this your way of saying forget J Crew and just spurge on BoO because nothing at a lower price point comes close?

14. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

sorry if this has already been asked, but when is this going down? I hope it's not that soon...i'm in the midst of a retail fast that I need to stick to w/o exception until March

15. b-ill

b-ill Senior member

Any information on the date? I am definitely looking forward to this.

2/16

16. skiwebster

skiwebster Senior member

sorry if this has already been asked, but when is this going down? I hope it's not that soon...i'm in the midst of a retail fast that I need to stick to w/o exception until March

Feb. 16.

17. work the raw

work the raw Active Member

They're hardly as finished, and the colors aren't quite as lively, but American Apparel's button-down-collar oxfords (is that redundant?) are at least 1/3 of the price of BoO, and the fit is certainly slim. Both made in the US too!

18. mistewacko

mistewacko Senior member

Feb. 16.

The countdown begins!

19. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

Let the quickest hands win. Mine are like Gene Wilder's in Blazing Saddles