• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tbm
Vintage. Much thirst on shoulders

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I too had my baste fitting with bntailor. It was a very pleasant experience. I was advised by Joe that he'd work tirelessly to get the fit spot on if need be. i think so far, it's coming along very nicely. the trousers have a solid rise and rests just on or slightly above my waistbone (i.e. naval). I wanted to give the illusion of looking taller (I'm only 5'8").

The sleeves were only attached only to check the pitch, and will obviously be adjusted and lengthened. The length of the coat will come down - it's a fine balancing act to do when you have long arms, yet you don't want the coat tail to look overly long. Joe's indicated to me what length it'll be and i'm very happy. It's not until you go through these processes, that you start to have a good understanding of the overall balance of a coat.. I particularly like how well the coat sits on the shoulders. You can just see my slightly dropped right shoulder; it's also bigger than the other, which the coat hides well.

The trousers will also be adjusted to mask the bowing in my legs. I asked for a trouser opening of about 7.75 inches; not exactly slim and not boxy.

Sorry for the dodgy photos; they were screenshot from my phone and cropped to hide my ugly mug.

DartagnanRed

Reaction score
Last edited:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers online sale 50% off sale starts today.

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I too had my baste fitting with bntailor. It was a very pleasant experience. I was advised by Joe that he'd work tirelessly to get the fit spot on if need be. i think so far, it's coming along very nicely. the trousers have a solid rise and rests just on or slightly above my waistbone (i.e. naval). I wanted to give the illusion of looking taller (I'm only 5'8"). The sleeves were only attached only to check the pitch, and will obviously be adjusted and lengthened. The length of the coat will come down - it's a fine balancing act to do when you have long arms, yet you don't want the coat tail to look overly long. Joe's indicated to me what length it'll be and i'm very happy. It's not until you go through these processes, that you start to have a good understanding of the overall balance of a coat.. I particularly like how well the coat sits on the shoulders. You can just see my slightly dropped right shoulder; it's also bigger than the other, which the coat hides well. The trousers will also be adjusted to mask the bowing in my legs. I asked for a trouser opening of about 7.75 inches; not exactly slim and not boxy. Sorry for the dodgy photos; they were screenshot from my phone and cropped to hide my ugly mug.
Looking very promising, please update us on your progress. I also had a fitting and pick up a navy DB, Bntailor being so easily accessible now it's going to be bad for my pocket.

Thanasi

Reaction score
I already have a suit from Anthony Squires and thinking about purchasing a second from a tailor. Anyone have any stories from Suit Shop? Where are their suits made?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads