• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rozelle side actually, because I find the airplane noise to be a soothing, gentle reminder that I should have just paid up and gone on the other side of victoria rd... hmmm... I think, if we could just stop the boats, equity volumes would increase back to like 2007 levels and then we'd all be rich!
Haha
cheers.gif
. I am down near the wharf.

In the last 20 years, the amount of people that have come to this country by boat would only just fill the MCG. It's all the Baby Boomers that are being greedy as F**K with their self-managed super funds and playing poker with OUR property!

charliechan

Reaction score
Haha
cheers.gif
. I am down near the wharf.

In the last 20 years, the amount of people that have come to this country by boat would only just fill the MCG. It's all the Baby Boomers that are being greedy as F**K with their self-managed super funds and playing poker with OUR property!

Or these alleged 'foreign' investors. Although I have my theory that all this talk about foreign investors buying up all the property are actually immigrants who grew up here but with a strong culture of buying land. I.e. Chinese.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And a pair of G&Gs in size 10 that are too small - ankle blisters. Go figure...

Shouldn't that imply they are too big, as they are slipping, which is causing the leather to rub against your skin leading to blisters?

If it was snug, it wouldn't slip!

MS, not quite.

Thankfully, I've never had ankle blisters, but shoes that are too small can cause blisters, simple because they are too tight and thus rub against parts of your foot that they would not normally rub against.

Coxsackie and md2010 - I suspect that you've considered this already, but please bear in mind that the shoes might not be too small (or too large) per se, but that the shape of the last might just not suit your feet.

Also (particularly Coxsackie, as I remember that you bought a couple of pairs of shoes recently), at the risk of sounding patronising, do bear in mind that some shoes do take a bit of wearing in, and so some applications of leather conditioner (if they are calf, not suede) and some periods of wearing them around indoors for an hour or so a day (rather than wearing them for a full day) might help to break them in so that they are more comfortable.

Of course, neither of the above points may be applicable and perhaps the shoes are just the wrong sizes for your feet.

g-banger

Reaction score

How did you do this?
If it was "normal" wear and tear then you deserve a refund.
That looks like a material fail.

Is it a dinner suit?
If so a patch might work.
After all you will never have those trousers on without a jacket covering the arse patch.
Will you.

Thanks for the feedback guys - okay definitely not wear and tear.

I was intoxicated and dancing gangham style, so definitely deserved it.

I might try one last crack at the tailor see if i can have it patched up, ill just make sure i wear as a dinner suit when its dark.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I noticed that, while in Indonesia for meetings with their president, Tony Abbott was wearing chelsea boots (presumably RMWs).

He's not our worst dress pollie. He also sports an electric blue grenadine from drakes.

For me its the width size that kills me. I am us 8EEE and its hard to find a shoe that fits right.
And online purchase .....hoping they will fit .(sometimes they don't)
I have realized now if shoe don't fit or feel right at the first time you slip on them. They will never be comfortable.

You probably realize this but you'd get better utility buying 2-3 shoes you really like from double monk and getting the size right rather than buy cheaper pairs online.

boff

Reaction score

For me its the width size that kills me. I am us 8EEE and its hard to find a shoe that fits right.
And online purchase .....hoping they will fit .(sometimes they don't)
I have realized now if shoe don't fit or feel right at the first time you slip on them. They will never be comfortable.

Have you tried AE's ? You could buy these shoes and find out if AE in an 8EEE is the right fit. Then having spent $100 on ****** second hand shoes you could go nuts online with new ones knowing they will fit.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going to be in Melbourne next week, I might be pretty busy so not sure I can meet up, but does anybody have any recommendations for new resteraunts, or places I might not have been? or anything going on on labor day?

thanks

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm going to be in Melbourne next week, I might be pretty busy so not sure I can meet up, but does anybody have any recommendations for new resteraunts, or places I might not have been? or anything going on on labor day?

thanks

I had the pleasure of meeting Zach (globetrotter) when he was in Brisbane on business a couple of years back and I can heartily recommend catching up with him if something can be arranged.

He's great company - very entertaining with a great selection of stories and experiences from around the world.

Last edited:

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dont think law students turn out to be secret agents. I could be wrong, I dont know any spies

If I told you, I'd have to...

My dad, though, has some stories.

Or these alleged 'foreign' investors. Although I have my theory that all this talk about foreign investors buying up all the property are actually immigrants who grew up here but with a strong culture of buying land. I.e. Chinese.

You should one day come to Zetland to see the buses that drop off people at showrooms.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gents, reporting from Roma. Great weather, food, sights, and random men dressing well. My mind exploded having carbonara here - there is no comparison in Melbs at all for either pasta or pizza. Coffee and wine are probably on par. Just wished I was here when the Euro was .80's. Boggi Milano had some pretty decent basics. Hoping to check out Ripense and Franella. Need to pace myself as we have a long holiday....

Keep the updates coming iSurg!

Where did you stay in Rome?

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have you tried AE's ? You could buy these shoes and find out if AE in an 8EEE is the right fit. Then having spent $100 on ****** second hand shoes you could go nuts online with new ones knowing they will fit.

I have and for me AE 8EEE in any last is my safest option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads