• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickstart

Reaction score
Has anyone got any heavy jumper recommendations?

I'm looking for something I can wear casually during winter over a t-shirt with jeans - basically for running errands etc.

I like the look of the J Press Shaggy Dog sweaters but thinking the neck opening looks quite small - would prefer something quite relaxed.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the wombat but I'm worried it looks too 'cartoony' -- like wearing a tie with a little Homer Simpson on it or smthing :/

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like the wombat but I'm worried it looks too 'cartoony' -- like wearing a tie with a little Homer Simpson on it or smthing :/

Yes, this was my thought too (no offence Blahman).

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys slightly re-jigged version of both options with the emblem higher up on the blade. Blahman this is as much as I can do with the wombat design wise without going back to the designer and spending more $$$, so between now and Monday, I really just want to get feedback on the design most preferred and if the wombat comes out on top, then we can play around with the design.

As I also mentioned while everyone is free to give feedback, i'll only be using the votes of the guys that are paying for it i.e anyone who has either PM'd me or stated in the thread they are in. Currently, the Wattle is in front by a few. P.S I'm assuming by gold you mean yellow like the wattle not gold as in metallic gold. I made the wombat gold and he looked like a simpsons character, so changed him back to brown.

I'm having an early mark as it's time for beer so can't do anymore changes until next week, but again any feedback is appreciated.

Jason

The wattle design for me. I'd prefer 9cm width. Thanks for your work on this.

xiaoli

Reaction score
If you wear those shoes, you might slide down shopping centre travelators if you are not careful, and be terribly embarrassed.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, please help.. Someone talk me out of buying these ...
smile.gif

http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/products/alfred-sargent-exclusive-ramsey-whiskey-cordovan-mto

I know they tick a number of boxes for you in your collection, it's a good price and the construction (from what I've heard) will be first class.

Why do you want to be talked out of them? Maybe you could use this as an excuse to take stock and sell the shoes you're not interested in keeping?

FWIW, they're beautiful shoes but I'm not a fan of the colour of whiskey cordovan.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:
I know they tick a number of boxes for you in your collection, it's a good price and the construction (from what I've heard) will be first class.

Why do you want to be talked out of them? Maybe you could use this as an excuse to take stock and sell the shoes you're not interested in keeping?

FWIW, they're beautiful shoes but I'm not a fan of the colour of whiskey cordovan.
There's a couple of qualms I have. One is that they would be the most expensive shoes I've ever bought, and that makes me nervous. Also, the ad is inconsistent about what the colour looks like. The shoes look quite dark, but the sample photo shows them very light, which I wouldn't want. Is the colour dark or light in your experience?

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In terms of price, they're around the ballpark for what other makers charge for shell but if you're shelling (er, pun intended) out that kind of money, you want to to be exactly what you want.

The picture of the shoe shows the oak version in calf leather (http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/products/alfred-sargent-exclusive-ramsey). The colour of the whiskey shell is shown in the picture:

This is another shoe in whiskey shell (http://www.amazon.com/Alden-Blucher-Shell-Cordovan-Whiskey/dp/B005DUSST2):

Have I successfully talked you out of it?
wink.gif

Last edited:

RemyMichel

Reaction score

In terms of price, they're around the ballpark for what other makers charge for shell but if you're shelling (er, pun intended) out that kind of money, you want to to be exactly what you want. The picture of the shoe shows the oak version in calf leather (http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/products/alfred-sargent-exclusive-ramsey). The colour of the whiskey shell is shown in the picture: This is another shoe in whiskey shell (http://www.amazon.com/Alden-Blucher-Shell-Cordovan-Whiskey/dp/B005DUSST2
ir
): Have I successfully talked you out of it? ;)
Not a fan of this colour either, however the AFPOS makes it look beautiful in their pics of the double monks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads