Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

You have - although I really like that oak colour ...

2. Travellinground

Travellinground New Member

I'm looking for some help in getting some pants repaired, can anyone recommend a reweaver or a very good tailor in Sydney? The holes are quite small just below the right pocket.

3. Afinepairofshoes

Afinepairofshoes Senior member

Hi Gerry and friends This is just the start of a rolling program of small order MTOs with Alfred Sargent on their AS Exclusive styles. These will be fantastic shoes - as they literally have not been made yet, there are no pictures, yet... We have now reached our minimum of 6 clients for this order to go ahead and will be placing it very soon. If you want a different style in a different colour Horween Cordovan, please offer up your suggestions and we will set up a page just like the AS Ramsey in Whiskey Horween Cordovan, and you can select your size, pay 50% deposit and when we reach 6 pairs the order is placed. We think this a great way to get the style you want in your selected colour, with your name written on the inside of the shoes in the oval cut out, as part of a very limited run. You could well be the owner of a 1 of 6 pairs in the world in your colour choice. Let me know what you would like...

4. limousine

limousine Well-Known Member

I've got one of their cardigans. It fits my shoulders ok, but it billows out in the chest massively. Who'd of thought it be this hard to find well fitting knitwear

5. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thanks for all the comments etc over the weekend, i'll go through tonight and count the votes, decide who came out on top and let everyone know in the next day then we can make any changes to the design that we need. In the meantime, I will hopefully hear back re widths, lengths and the weight of the silk. From there I will pm everyone individually for their paypal address so I can start collecting deposits ($30 each).

Below is also a cross post from WAYWRN, this was a sample I had done last year in 7cm width that never eventuated, I'm just also double checking but it could be the same fabric so if you are wondering what to wear this tie with, IMO grey, and grey flannel in particular is a good start.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suit: Herringbone POW flannel
    Shirt: Cottonwork
    Tie: Henry Carter Neckwear sample (soon to be Australian members special edition tie)
    Shoes: Black Loake 1880 Knightsbridge

6. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Yes, I think it looks stunning.

Hi Julian,

This is a great way to go and it looks like there's no upcharge for doing things this way with the added bonus that shipping is thrown in. Nice!

7. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

I just picked this up http://www.sierratradingpost.com/pe...erString=mens-sweaters-~d~153/&colorFamily=03

I was able to get 20% off which made it reasonable considering the delivery costs. Otherwise a friend of my mine was in Canberra and wore this http://www.filson.com/products/guid...&fvalsProduct=mens/sweaters&fmetaProduct=1011 he's had it couple of years and rates it very high.

8. sochumpy

sochumpy Well-Known Member

Came here to ask the same question. I have not found a good tailor to do alterations with. I don't need anything too hard done (chinos taken up and some tapering) but it seems every where i go it's always a poor job.
    Edit: Sydney local i should mention

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012

9. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

I would maybe check out Rodd & Gunn, they have some nice stuff for about the same price point as that Filson jumper. Myer stocks their brand.

10. kickstart

kickstart Senior member

Loving both suggestions, thank you.

Particularly like the cable knit - always good to add a bit of interest.

11. DartagnanRed

DartagnanRed Senior member

I've had a couple of alterations done at Con Varnavas in the Town Hall arcade. He is one cranky old bugger, but did a great job. Just don't be put off by his complete lack of communication or snarly attitude. Walk in, tell him what you want, he'll pin you in a matter of seconds, leave, come back a week later.

12. DartagnanRed

DartagnanRed Senior member

Continuing the theme, my Seiko:

[​IMG]

13. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

Seeing as how everyone cool is doing it

[​IMG]

14. sochumpy

sochumpy Well-Known Member

ok cheers will check him out. Hopefully i dont get too flustered when asking haha

15. blahman

blahman Senior member

Since it's so cool to post Seikos, I'm going to be even cooler by posting half a Seiko:
    My Japanese Seiko 2.5.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.