• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Naka does that mean I can count you in my numbers as interested?
Quote:

Quote:
That's a lovely colour of suede and at a great price as well.

Quote:
I'm saving up to get the Simpson last loafer. I'd like a nice dark brown suede pair. Have you thought about these ones for a pair of suede lace ups? They're plain toe derbies but look very nice.

CD, I really like those cufflinks and socks. What would the material for your suit be called?
I like those derbies but already have them in burgundy calf so would definitely go the loafer when the time comes, maybe in a few months time when winter is nearing a close.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CD, I really like those cufflinks and socks. What would the material for your suit be called?
Thanks Gerry.I really like those links too - you can't see in the photo, but they are double-sided. The socks are Nagrani. I'd describe the suit fabric as a charcoal POW with a mint overcheck. It's Super 150s wool.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

streetminimal

Reaction score
Umm I was wondering if someone can help me with this altering possibility...

I've lost a lot of weight over the past few months and some of my favourite plaid ralph lauren OCBDs don't fit as close as they used to anymore...how much can be done to save them? They're a size M but I now fit a size S quite well....

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Do your shoulders still fit the shirt more or less? If so, you can just have the shirt taken in from the sides. Very simple alteration.

Spandexter

Reaction score

For those interested, popped down to DJs again before dinner last night, the D'urban suits are going for 60% off also at $499 a piece. Made in HK, full canvas, light weight fabrics in staple colours. If anyone thing about ordering one of those Benjamins, Kent wangs etc might as well pay DJs a visit first.

Thanks blahman. I willl check it out but it's generally pretty tough going finding something in a 36 at most sales. Fingers crossed.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Possible SF member sighting today at Collins Place. Grey pants, navy blazer, blue shirt, navy with white pindot knitted tie, pocket square. Very simple, but very well done. Think I have seen this guy before in sharp garb.

Plestor

Reaction score

Not sure on the brack coat, contrast seems a bit harsh no?

Black coats not being styleforum approved seems to be the bigger issue to me...

*Charlie's Wardrobe
Re: Intrest
8cm is too narrow for me.

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

*Charlie's Wardrobe

I assume that the coat is brack/black because the wombat is wearing a formal tailcoat, with a top hat and cane.

8cm is too narrow for me, too. I would be interested were the tie to be wider, at least 9cm or even 9.5.

Last edited:

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FREE TO GOOD HOME - about to go to opshop

Two (2) Henry Bucks Made in Italy, Italian fabric, Wool, DB suits, pleated pants, say size 43L or 44R in good nick.
Blue and blue pinstripe. Probably around waist 34/5 - been taken in - could be let out , long inseam, and most likely around 19" shoulders.

Not mine - belong to a mate who has worn them a few times but needs to make wardrobe space.

Can get measurements. I can get to see them in the next few days.

Also spied Pal Zileri nice 38R 39 suit in opshop ~$25

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

*Charlie's Wardrobe

*Charlie's Wardrobe

I assume that the coat is brack/black because the wombat is wearing a formal tailcoat, with a top hat and cane.

8cm is too narrow for me, too. I would be interested were the tie to be wider, at least 9cm or even 9.5.

Guys I will send off an email to check but as they are a MTO run, I don't see why we can't do them at custom widths for those of you wanting them wider. 8th is just my standard width, which seems to work well for a large number of people being not too narrow and not to wide for most. Will prob have an answer mon or tues.

Ta
Jason

Plestor

Reaction score

*Charlie's Wardrobe

Yes but you can wear grey morning coats.

Eta:

Jason did you ever get a weight on the silk?

Thanks for look at the width option, thankfully despite my height I actually wear a normal length.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads