• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Suave n pimpin'

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks cool, but..... and I don't want to sound like a kill joy, that design has way too much detail to be embroidered by hand at around 2cm in height. Blahmans first wombat seems to be getting some support (from me also) and it will embroid very well as it's simple. Anyway stay tuned over the next day or so for some new mock ups.

Ta
Jason

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice sketch blahsta
One of the kids is on PBS FM tonight live at 8 - 10 pm.
Moroccan Kings
http://www.pbsfm.org.au/node/16211
Interstate you can listen online.
Moroccan Kings are releasing a new single from their forthcoming EP; the track is called, 'Grizzly Bear'. The band is putting together a very special and detailed show to release the song at Revolver Upstairs on Saturday 28th April.
Not only will the single be released on this night, but also an accompanying film clip.

See you at Revolver on Saturday night
http://moroccankings.com/

Had a listen appears that everything old is new again. So pulling out the docs and leather jacket for Saturday night?

Last edited:

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks cool, but..... and I don't want to sound like a kill joy, that design has way too much detail to be embroidered by hand at around 2cm in height. Blahmans first wombat seems to be getting some support (from me also) and it will embroid very well as it's simple. Anyway stay tuned over the next day or so for some new mock ups.
Ta
Jason

Thanks for your work on this Jason. I like the idea of the wattle or Blahman simpler Wombat design. 7 fold, forest green seems to be a popular choice, which sounds pretty good. I prefer the idea of the "emblem" on the front of the back blade (a little classier in my very humble and uninformed opinion). Am looking forward to seeing the mock ups, it has been great to hear people's ideas and enthusiasm.

GerryNelson - shoe challenge looks like it is going well, hope this weather is not throwing you too many curveballs. Keep up the good work.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your work on this Jason. I like the idea of the wattle or Blahman simpler Wombat design. 7 fold, forest green seems to be a popular choice, which sounds pretty good. I prefer the idea of the "emblem" on the front of the back blade (a little classier in my very humble and uninformed opinion). Am looking forward to seeing the mock ups, it has been great to hear people's ideas and enthusiasm.
GerryNelson - shoe challenge looks like it is going well, hope this weather is not throwing you too many curveballs. Keep up the good work.

I agree. Jason's done some great work on this. I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops.

Suit: eHaberdasher
Shirt: Lorenzini for Neimann Marcus
Tie: Vanda
Pocket Square: Gieves and Hawkes
Shoes: Crockett and Jones Guildford

xiaoli

Reaction score
Needed a navy blazer, so couldn't resist. Bought one online...

Now I am broke... :confused:

FWIW any Aussies looking for a nice navy jacket/blazer could do a lot worse than this: http://www.mjbale.com/clothing/jackets/westferry-weave-navy-jacket.
ja2023w11-westferry-weave-navy.jpg

MI Japan, 3r2, soft shoulders and nice hand to the fabric.
* I have no affiliation with MJB, though I will admit to owning this jacket.

Last edited:

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a forwarding service thing for Japan any of you guys used? I'm finding Japan's The Suit Company's value too hard to beat especially how well they fit me without any alterations at all and I'm thinking of buying my next suits and even casual wear from there again. (after my ban in July of course).

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Had a listen appears that everything old is new again. So pulling out the docs and leather jacket for Saturday night?

mmh - I'll tell him hes out of date.

No docs but possibly black leather jacket, black jeans, black boots. Or white jeans, burgundy boots, slouchy unlined cord jacket. Most likely not suit, tie and pocket hankie.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone recommend a decent jeweler in the Melbourne conservative business dress to change a watch battery? It's a Mont Blanc watch. Local jeweler said he couldn't do (was worried about damaging it) and at the Mont Blanc shop in town they want $90! Arseh#les.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads