• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Someone upstairs is telling me something today I think.

I had my wallet stolen from out of my bag whilst on a busy Melbourne tram yesterday.

The S.O.B then went on a spending rampage all afternoon, totally drained the account and then over-drew a further $500.

Luckily for I, the NAB are fantastic and will cover the losses and refer the matter to the police.

But now I've got no ID, no credit cards, no debit cards and no $900 in cash that I was planning to use as a deposit for a suit at P Johnson this Friday :(

To top it all off, all the fraudulent transaction were done in Frankston.

:laugh: Which liquor store?

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone upstairs is telling me something today I think.

I had my wallet stolen from out of my bag whilst on a busy Melbourne tram yesterday.

The S.O.B then went on a spending rampage all afternoon, totally drained the account and then over-drew a further $500.

Luckily for I, the NAB are fantastic and will cover the losses and refer the matter to the police.

But now I've got no ID, no credit cards, no debit cards and no $900 in cash that I was planning to use as a deposit for a suit at P Johnson this Friday :(

To top it all off, all the fraudulent transaction were done in Frankston.

Really sorry to hear that, man. That really sucks!

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My two favorities - Clothing and Advertising http://mumbrella.com.au/mj-bale-film-connects-aussie-cricketers-with-sheep-77917 MJ Bale film connects Aussie cricketers with sheep A short film for the tailor M.J. Bale shows how the suits of Australian cricket team are made from wool from sheep reared on the same grass as the turf of the Sydney Cricket Ground. The agency behind the ‘Graze on Greatness’ campaign was Whybin\TBWA Sydney. As well as a film, the agency has created posted ads. M.J.Bale founder, Matt Jensen said: “We wanted to do something unique. Something that would make The Australian Cricket Team not only look good, but also feel good too. If these suits help the team physically, mentally or metaphorically feel like winners on their way to the West Indies, then it’s all been worth while.”

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cross-post from conservative business dress WAYWRN
Yesterday:
Drakes Challis on P Johnson blue oxford and gray Prince of Wales check.
[
Today:
Hober Grenadine or Drakes Boucle on Nakhle blue-striped oxford and P Johnson Navy sharkskin.
Opinions on the coherence of each tie with the whole ensemble? Feel that the Boucle can be fussy, while the Grenadine, a safe choice, seems somehow too drab for the navy sharkskin.

(I know it's the same Simonnot-Godard square I've been wearing; testing it out with different ensembles this week before it joins the regular rotation)

All looks ok - if it was me, and it isn't, I'd wear the Drakes Challis from top pic with bottom outfit and bottom ties with top outfit - if that makes sense.

( actually I'd probably wear some other of my ties but thats not what you have.)

Last edited:

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So MJ Bale dresses the Australian Cricket Team? That's some step up from Peter Jackson on AFL team :laugh:

Attending a wedding on Saturday. And I think it's time to lose my pocket square virginity as oppose to masturbation that occurs when I only pull it out when no one else is around.

Last edited:

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All looks ok - if it was me, and it isn't, I'd wear the Drakes Challis from top pic with bottom outfit and bottom ties with top outfit - if that makes sense.
( actually I'd probably wear some other of my ties but thats not what you have.)

Makes perfect sense, FXH.

Done it before, and like the look as well. :)

bhall41

Reaction score

Cross-post from conservative business dress WAYWRN
Yesterday:
Drakes Challis on P Johnson blue oxford and gray Prince of Wales check.

Today:
Hober Grenadine or Drakes Boucle on Nakhle blue-striped oxford and P Johnson Navy sharkskin.
Opinions on the coherence of each tie with the whole ensemble? Feel that the Boucle can be fussy, while the Grenadine, a safe choice, seems somehow too drab for the navy sharkskin.

(I know it's the same Simonnot-Godard square I've been wearing; testing it out with different ensembles this week before it joins the regular rotation)

Great suit CEP. I like both ties but actually prefer the Grenadine TBH; not too drab at all.

Anyone have any experience with Grenson Tom Suedes? Particularly the Burnt Pine's, love the style just worried they might be a little too dark. Also do they run TTS?
Thanks

I have a pair of Grenson shoes (from their sadly defunct Rose range) in burnt pine. It's a fantastic colour - not too dark at all.

Illume

Reaction score

I've got 3 pairs of grenson, but not the Tom sorry. They run TTS.

I have a pair of Grenson shoes (from their sadly defunct Rose range) in burnt pine. It's a fantastic colour - not too dark at all.

Thanks for the replies, i've emailed Grenson direct and TheCloakroom in brissy about grabbing a pair, waiting to see if they ship to Syd.

jobro

Reaction score
Just bought some boxer shorts (new of course), one pair is the wrong size but its not worth shipping back to the US. Anyone want them for $15 shipped within Australia? They are size 42, true to size.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have any experience with Austen Brothers? They are coming to the office soon and their prices aren't too bad.

When I was fresh out of uni I use to buy shirts there. Lovely family who ran it and were so helpful and chatty to anyone that would come in.

The owner passed away last year or the year before and many of the offices around the city sent flowers etc as they were such a genuinely nice bunch

Sorry but don't know their offerings these days haha

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the replies, i've emailed Grenson direct and TheCloakroom in brissy about grabbing a pair, waiting to see if they ship to Syd.

The Cloakroom used to have really good prices for Grensons - in fact, that was the best and pretty much the only good thing about them, at the risk of sounding rather harsh - but their prices have increased quite a bit in the last year or two. It will be interesting to see how the Cloakroom's prices compare to Grenson's prices.

Also, don't forget that places like Pediwear also stock Grenson shoes, and will deduct VAT when shipping outside the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads