• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously, I can't speak for Rob but it's fairly safe to say that most of us (and the Panta's, Vanda's etc of the world) are in it for the passion, not the profit.

I can't speak for anyone else (although I suspect a few agree with me), but that's one of the reasons I always try and have my clothing needs met by you or Rob (or Vanda, etc) because there is a definite passion in it, I do find it exciting that people are trying to add something new in Australia and I do wish you guys success. So instead of wishing, I'll buy 4-5 things a year.

Any word on the pants you were working on (IIRC, of course).

well said jase, totally agree

I just quit my finance job to pursue O&J and SuitShop full time. Will I get paid anywhere near the same? No. Will I be doing what I enjoy rather than hating my job everyday? Yes.

Im actually really grateful that we have such a community on here to tdiscuss clothes, style, foot mould :) etc as it has definitely contributed to my passion and reason for pursuing menswear.

1. Fantastic - what plans are there for SS? I was thinking about getting some new pants for summer (when it comes) in linen/cotton, intrigued to see where things go!

2. I'm grateful there's guys like you and Jason around (among many others) to provide some perspective in this community.

I don't understand why UP is even here - he clearly doesn't care what people are talking about, or even what they're saying, he doesn't take advantage of the friendship and commraderie of an internet message board, what else is left? Sales alerts, MTO and WAYW pictures? How shallow!

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why UP is even here - he clearly doesn't care what people are talking about, or even what they're saying, he doesn't take advantage of the friendship and commraderie of an internet message board, what else is left? Sales alerts, MTO and WAYW pictures? How shallow!

UP is just a troll (wanker) whose sole mission in life is to cause chaos and disruption I have him on block and the only time I know he is here is when I read the comments of other members. Set him on block and your life will be easier.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My life could get easier?

Win!

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tehbunny x Luxire attempt(s) at the Mercer collar:

Unbuttoned-

Tie-

I think it turned out pretty well
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Though it took just under a month
peepwall[1].gif

Last edited:

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can't speak for anyone else (although I suspect a few agree with me), but that's one of the reasons I always try and have my clothing needs met by you or Rob (or Vanda, etc) because there is a definite passion in it, I do find it exciting that people are trying to add something new in Australia and I do wish you guys success. So instead of wishing, I'll buy 4-5 things a year.

Any word on the pants you were working on (IIRC, of course).

1. Fantastic - what plans are there for SS? I was thinking about getting some new pants for summer (when it comes) in linen/cotton, intrigued to see where things go!

2. I'm grateful there's guys like you and Jason around (among many others) to provide some perspective in this community.

Thanks Matt I appreciate your support, and all the guys here too.

Late this week or early next I'll be getting a delivery from Italy with the first sample trousers in, which I'll of course post detailed pics of. Should be seeing release of them for spring. Tropicals mainly for the warmer months though the samples will be heavier.

Also in the delivery will be new knit ties (rust among them) and some re stocks, new grenadines (silver and plum) and some re stocks, about 25 new macclesfield prints and bits and pieces of re stocks of things that have sold out. And that'll be it until spring.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

well said jase, totally agree

I just quit my finance job to pursue O&J and SuitShop full time. Will I get paid anywhere near the same? No. Will I be doing what I enjoy rather than hating my job everyday? Yes. 

Im actually really grateful that we have such a community on here to tdiscuss clothes, style, foot mould :) etc as it has definitely contributed to my passion and reason for pursuing menswear.

Yeah, heard from Pat about your liberation (-:

Congrats and all the best man!

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score
...... ....... .......

Last edited:

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks Matt I appreciate your support, and all the guys here too.

Late this week or early next I'll be getting a delivery from Italy with the first sample trousers in, which I'll of course post detailed pics of. Should be seeing release of them for spring. Tropicals mainly for the warmer months though the samples will be heavier.

Also in the delivery will be new knit ties (rust among them) and some re stocks, new grenadines (silver and plum) and some re stocks, about 25 new macclesfield prints and bits and pieces of re stocks of things that have sold out. And that'll be it until spring.

Would love to buy more from you guys but life has taken an interesting turn of late...

Back in the lean consulting game as a contractor, and my new contract role, unfortunately requires a white shirt and the company tie, the colour of which shall not be revealed, so as to protect the guilty. Awful enough that I have resorted to wearing a different tie and rocking a PS to and from work, and when I'm at out at lunch :D

Only the decent daily rate and the interesting, satisfying nature of the work, make the temporary pain a Iittle more palatable.

Long story short though... It's not worth buying too much in the way of colourful ties, shirts and squares given the constraints.

Will use the enforced hiatus to try to take a chunk out of the mortgage.

Maybe next year eh?

P.S. Enjoy the time with your 4 month old... Time flies relentlessly (mine's already 3 years of mischief old)!

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
YES Brumbies 14 V Lions 12 :slayer: waiter another OP Bundy and Coke and I hear the Soceroos won

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score
YES Brumbies 14 V Lions 12
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
waiter another OP Bundy and Coke and I hear the Soceroos won

Damn Straight GF! 2 outta 2

Skip the mix, and go neat............

Nolvadex

Reaction score
I feel very proud that over the years on this forum I may well be one of the foremost contributors of reliable content....... on foot mould

you should collect all your posts and write a book. the new must read book about menswear

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads