• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markus1984

Reaction score
Hi Guys, bout to get started this week in placing a few items for sale on here - but just gauge the interest, any one like:

- pair of Allen Edmond Walnut Strands (size 9) including matching belt - two months old, purchased while in Orlando. http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF6105_1_40000000001_-1

- Pair of Crockett & Jones Shoe Trees

- 4 Shirts & Pants - P Johnson - am a size small standard size.

- One Shirt from "the cloakroom"

Hopefully i can get pictures out to you asap, and happy for you to try on before purchasing - be it if you can make it out to Sydney City on my lunchbreak. :)

Thanks!.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CEP would like to advise that the following spoilered PSA might be toxic to the health of your wallet, and the continued peace you (hopefully) enjoy with your better half:

PSA - Chatswood Herringbone has chestnut C&J Belgraves for sale (1/2 price) in size 7 and 8!!!

Last edited:

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Not again. Spent over $1k on 3 pairs of shoes so far in last 4 days. I think I will have to de register myself from styleforum.BTW I am 7.5 on c&j !!
May I suggest sales alter under warning….
Sales alert.
PSA - Chatswood Herringbone has chestnut C&J Belgraves for sale (1/2 price) in size 7 and 8!!!
!!!

Last edited:

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any in UK 9?!?!?!

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^Not again. Spent over $1k on 3 pairs of shoes so far in last 4 days. I think I will have to de register myself from styleforum.BTW I am 7.5 on c&j !!
May I suggest sales alter under warning….
Sales alert.
!!!

Don't worry, they only have 7 and 8; not 7.5.

P.S. I'm also 7.5 and neither 7 nor 8 fit.

fox81

Reaction score

Anyone in Melbourne need some new shoe trees with all the shoe buying going on?

I'm planing on purchasing a couple of items from Bexley (http://www.bexley.com/Bexley/shoe-M...e=44&tarification=PROMO&pageReferrer=MYBASKET) and would do a bulk order if you are in Melbourne (pick up from the conservative business dress) and need anything. PM me if interested - I hope to make the order within the next 24-48 hours.

whats with all the half sizes for trees? size up or size down?

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah right, that probably explains why I thought the fabric seemed a little easily creased for wool!

The creases are the best part about linen. Tom was very helpful as always - most of the Melbourne folk have popped in to see MJ Bale here by now, right?

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah I understand it's pretty difficult to make such comparisons. I think I'll avoid the Simpson, it sounds too narrow for me. I don't have particularly wide feet, but I do have a very high instep.

ive got simpson and robert lasts

Simpson too tight across the bottom of the tongue, Robert too loose across the lace and heel

I still wear both but neither are a perfect fit on my foot. Interested to try Inca and Rain lasts for a comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads