• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some rather poor photos of yesterday's outfit, featuring the return of the orange trousers:

Details:
- Light blue OCDB shirt by Uniqlo;
- Silk print bow tie by Panta;
- Blue odd jacket with brown suede elbow patches by Herringbone;
- Blue and white flowery linen pocket square by Herringbone;
- Orange cotton trousers by Brooks Brothers; and
- Chocolate brown penny loafers by Cheaney for Herringbone.

FredAstaire1899

Reaction score
The problem with Baracuta's is that you have missed the boat by two months. The brand has been bought by an Italian company who is re-launching it. Previously they had an official website where you could buy the original or slim fit (better) model made in England. Also there was a code for a 20% discount so Dad and I got one each for ~$370 inc. delivery compared to Bucks' $425 for one. The Teflon coating feels fine and they are reasonably warm and wear well, however, the inside Tartan lining is synthetic, and the collar is lined with synthetic so plan to fold it over and not leave it up. There are better things in its style, i.e., Paul and Shark has some great silk blouson jackets but nothing better vfm. I was at DJ's Sydney and Zegna had a blouson for $3000!!!!!

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the current state of the sydney job market? I am considering looking for new work in finance or other corporate roles.

Last edited:

Manuhiri

Reaction score
Never handled a Baracuta in person - anyone own one? Whats the "Teflon" coating like? How warm are they? The MJb one is 100% cotton, unlined. Kinda like the tartan check on the G9 photos. Hmm.
I have a black G9. I think the tartan lining is crucial. I love wearing it unzipped so the lining provides some interest.

Naka

Reaction score
I'm visiting Melbourne for a week from the 14th of February and I'm making a list of places to visit. So far I have:
- Azzaro's
- Henry Bucks
- Beggar Man Thief
- Double Monk
- Rocco's Shoes
- Harrold's

Brisbane is pretty desolate as far as menswear goes so I am going to be like a child in a candystore.

Do you Melbourne boys have any recommendations for other places of interest? I wouldn't mind having a G&T or two with you all.

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks again Mike; I couldn't resist Batman so I just went and got it (didn't even bother to wait for a reply from an email I sent Warner bros...). Wow just had stroll round the city and wearing head to knee linen saved ******! (Melbourne)!

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
  • Herringbone at 35 Collins St just to catch up with Christian if nothing else (maybe meet up with him outside of Herringbone to check out his new range of shoes as well as the Christian Kimber suit wallets, shoe trees and welt brushes)
  • Incu on Flinders Lane for streetwear and APC jeans
  • Ludlows (Mezzanine Level, 530 Lonsdale street) for accessories including Fox umbrellas, Kent Wang pocket handkerchiefs, English toiletries and a good range of Henry Carter ties some of which aren't available from Jason anymore - Richard (the owner) is a great guy
  • Make an appointment to check out P Johnson in South Melbourne just to get a feel for the place and also check out their range of ties, pocket handkerchiefs and Fox umbrellas - Matt and Tom are very friendly and the place is beautiful
  • MJ Bale to meet Paolo and Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads