1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

I've sorta been in-between - but those Japanese round toes... My word.

Unless the yen falls by about another 600%, the prices will remain a limiting factor.

2. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Today (doing a Nabil):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suit: P Johnson
    Shirt: Borrelli
    Tie: Vanda Fine Clothing
    Cardigan: Herringbone
    Shoes: RL x C&J Marlow wingtip derbies

1 person likes this.
  3. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

Lovely tie that.

1 person likes this.
  4. Oli2012

Oli2012 Senior member

My shitty goatskin bag has been falling apart. Not having the money for a decent leather one I ended up looking at some canvas bags.

Was after this country road one:

[​IMG]

Unfortunately I couldn't end up tracking one down, so I went with this instead:

[​IMG]
    Reasonably happy with the compromise.

(btw: if any of you lot know where I can get that bag/a bag like the first let me know. I can change my order to the cardi)

Also, I picked up this for $10 from the online outlet. Just a heads up for anyone else hunting for one, they also come in light grey and navy.

[​IMG]

5. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Oli, the second bag actually looks more practical than the first one, as the second bag should unclip pretty quickly, whereas the straps on the first bag would require a bit of fidding around.

Having said that, you should have ordered a Filson 256 or 257 - they're great bags that will last for many, many years.

Alternatively, you could have a look at the range of Abingdon bags available from J Crew in the US (I think that they may now ship to Australia) - click here for their range of bags and scroll down to the Abingdon section.

Also, I've known a few people who have repurposed a classic fishing bag as a general utility bag - have a look at Brady Bags in the UK as an example (actually, RL Purple Label had a great adaptation of the Brady angler's bag a couple of years back).

6. iSurg

iSurg Senior member

Watching the Liberace HBO movie. Good acting by Michael Douglas. Damon is just being Damon, lol. Rob Lowe is great as well.

7. nabilmust

nabilmust Senior member

Let's play spot the difference lol.

1 person likes this.
  8. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

Pick stitching versus hand-stitched button hole?

9. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Just started to read Mod A Very British Style by Richard Weight. From a sartorial point of view I had problems last night putting it down. Highly entertaining and recommended.

10. Romp

Romp Senior member

Nabil and I just caught up with Andrew of 3Sixteen for a drink while he was in town. Great guy. Love his jeans. Ive got a whiskey glow happening... lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  11. fxh

fxh Senior member

I've nearly finished Geoff Dyer - The Colour of Memory - set in Brixton and Thatcher's lost generation in the 80s.

Paints a great urban landscape literally, literary and sociologically and psychologically if you are interested for an insight into that era.

12. hasnostyle

hasnostyle Active Member

On the subject of books. Are there books anyone can recommend that go through the basics of colour combinations, clothing types, styles etc that would be a good beginners guide to male fashion? Particularly if there is an emphasis on suits and/or formal and business wear.

13. wishiwasricher

wishiwasricher Senior member

Just keep reading sf. Won't help your wallet though.

Speaking of which- just received my latest. Carmina whole cut in midnight navy. Pics later.

14. hasnostyle

hasnostyle Active Member

Yeah i was afraid that was going to be the answer. I like SF, its hard to read through so much information and put it all together though
    I not aiming to be the most fashionable person out there, i just dont want to look ridiculous in the clothes i wear :)

15. wishiwasricher

wishiwasricher Senior member

Take everything you read with a grain of salt. The waywrn thread is good fr looking at combos. I normally just find looks that I like and try and replicate them to some degree with my own style.

Don't take it all too seriously though. The aus thread is good for that without getting snarky.

16. hasnostyle

hasnostyle Active Member

Ill check out the WAYWRN thread, thanks.

17. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

[​IMG]

18. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

Congrats! I just got my latest as well. Carmina derby boots in Burgundy shell - possibly the most beautiful shoes I own. Pics to follow.

19. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Everyone on the footy show wearing a PS and tie pin... What on earth has the world come to.

20. Vestment Baller

Vestment Baller Member

Unless you are a retail banker, is there ever a good reason to wear a tie clip?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.