• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I quite like it as it feels retro and blazery but outside of conservative fabrics it can feel costumey
It’s supposed to be wool and says doeskin blazer… what the heck is that? I’ll see if they have my size in-store and try it out. That’s the only way to know; when you see how it looks on you. Happy to buy it in-store if it fits.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all… been a while.

What do you think of the whole trad blazer with patch and flap pockets thing? Just never been able to get my head around it. View attachment 1774035
This does not compute no matter what the fabric is. Structuraly it displays a lack of balance.

It strikes me as one of those (bad) design ideas that occur when they have run out of original ideas to work with and need something extra for the current seasons catalogue…fugly!

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This does not compute no matter what the fabric is. Structuraly it displays a lack of balance.

It strikes me as one of those (bad) design ideas that occur when they have run out of original ideas to work with and need something extra for the current seasons catalogue…fugly!

Actually, the worst thing is this exact design is the trad, preppy navy blazer. So they ran out of ideas long ago haha! The only way I would accept these pockets is on a traditional Polo Coat… which I’m tempted to get.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all… been a while.

What do you think of the whole trad blazer with patch and flap pockets thing? Just never been able to get my head around it. View attachment 1774035

i have a blazer like this in a chalk stripe without brass button. It's fun to wear the less you think about it. Maybe swap the brass buttons to horn buttons and it'll be wearable.

DL5392

Reaction score
Thoughts on Informale's easy wool trousers? Tried it on and the drape is nice. Only concern is the elasticized waist. Looking to at least wear the trousers with an odd blazer. Would it look weird?

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have a blazer like this in a chalk stripe without brass button. It's fun to wear the less you think about it. Maybe swap the brass buttons to horn buttons and it'll be wearable.
It looked really good irl so I got it lol! Lovely napped fabric… very nice trim fit. Hardly even notice the patches. And it works well for what I’m after - a true blazer I can dress up or down.

sensuki

Reaction score
Thoughts on Informale's easy wool trousers? Tried it on and the drape is nice. Only concern is the elasticized waist. Looking to at least wear the trousers with an odd blazer. Would it look weird?

Fantastic, I have the mid grey and dark green and I've had them since late 2020. They are my default winter pants now. Doesn't look weird with a blazer, I wore my green jacket with the grey pants to a work party recently. Just looks like wearing normal flannels with a belt.

Don't worry about the elastic. Treat the pants like any other pants you wear with a belt and then when you've had a nice meal and you feel a bit tight, undo the belt one hole and the pants stretch out to fit! It's also a handy feature if you put on some weight, don't need to buy a larger size.

The dark green is my favourite shade of the three colors. It's awesome.

sensuki

Reaction score
My second pair of trousers from Jose Zarpan on the bench.

Should have taken a photo of the leg pattern ah well. Flannel, lining and pocket from top to bottom of photo.

Main forward pleat is 10cm wide at the top on the pattern. Should be boss action.

Attachments

• IMG_20220407_114346.jpg
    IMG_20220407_114346.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20220407_114354.jpg
    IMG_20220407_114354.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 75

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52