• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks - I did see these when last in Tokyo, although they’re like $100 at current exchange rates!
@The False Prophet - Did you see my post about Brooks Brothers' boxer shorts?

No idea on the fit, though, but I think that they're discounted even further at present, or BB is having some sort of multi-buy deal or something similar.

I'm pretty sure that Brooks Brothers make some, and they appear to be having a sale at the moment, too.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own any KHAKI ALL AMERICAN CHINO from Modern Classic Shop I was looking on their site saw the above chinos on sale it claims that they are vanity sized eg a 36 is really a 38. So do you size down?

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own any KHAKI ALL AMERICAN CHINO from Modern Classic Shop I was looking on their site saw the above chinos on sale it claims that they are vanity sized eg a 36 is really a 38. So do you size down?
Give Tim a call at the shop. He's very helpful.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cordings might have what you're after as well: https://www.cordings.co.uk/menswear/trousers/corduroy
Cording Cords have great rich strong colours and they are all Brisbane Moss from what I recall. I tried some on when I was there - they are medium high rise - I think 11" for a 34" waist but were a bit wide in the leg opening and all the way up /down and might require narrowing.They don't have belt loops - some people like that - I don't.

From memory they were pretty much UK TTS - that is not american Catalog sizing where a 34'=35.5. So a 34" was a strict 34" There's no odd sizes. So its 30 - 32- 34- 36.

I can't remember if they had a back waist seam allowance. (which was one of the reasons I tried them on!!) IIRC they are made (well) in Italy. As a contrast their cord etc Jeans are low ish rise and too narrow. I got some of their twill cotton trousers - I think they call it drill- which are medium high rise and relatively tapered. In store you can get the VAT thing sorted with them - I don't know about online.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For pre-1970s watches, he’s okay.
More modern watches: Michael Pressor - but nothing too complex.
Shonie, at Euro Watch Gallery, usually has a good recommendation, but he’s also very - hmmm. Won’t go there.
I had a brilliant chap in Armidale, now retired.

Have heard good and bad with regard to all of them.
Consider sending your watch back to manufacture - it really is a mine-field out there.
Anyone tried Michael Colman in Malvern?

discomute

Reaction score
It's a great suit and a well matched combo. Usually I'm a big believer of black shoes with that colour of grey, but with that particular combo it's clear brown is the winner

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.