• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own any KHAKI ALL AMERICAN CHINO from Modern Classic Shop I was looking on their site saw the above chinos on sale it claims that they are vanity sized eg a 36 is really a 38. So do you size down?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Gerry Nelson gave Tim a ring and they are oversized so a 34 is 36. Also great value as only $83 down from $279.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cordings might have what you're after as well: https://www.cordings.co.uk/menswear/trousers/corduroy
Cording Cords have great rich strong colours and they are all Brisbane Moss from what I recall. I tried some on when I was there - they are medium high rise - I think 11" for a 34" waist but were a bit wide in the leg opening and all the way up /down and might require narrowing.They don't have belt loops - some people like that - I don't.

From memory they were pretty much UK TTS - that is not american Catalog sizing where a 34'=35.5. So a 34" was a strict 34" There's no odd sizes. So its 30 - 32- 34- 36.

I can't remember if they had a back waist seam allowance. (which was one of the reasons I tried them on!!) IIRC they are made (well) in Italy. As a contrast their cord etc Jeans are low ish rise and too narrow. I got some of their twill cotton trousers - I think they call it drill- which are medium high rise and relatively tapered. In store you can get the VAT thing sorted with them - I don't know about online.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For pre-1970s watches, he’s okay.
More modern watches: Michael Pressor - but nothing too complex.
Shonie, at Euro Watch Gallery, usually has a good recommendation, but he’s also very - hmmm. Won’t go there.
I had a brilliant chap in Armidale, now retired.

Have heard good and bad with regard to all of them.
Consider sending your watch back to manufacture - it really is a mine-field out there.

Anyone tried Michael Colman in Malvern?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
89E2AD09-4243-47C6-8E9F-33D97F882F2F.jpeg

Casual Saturday on way to the
Highly Recommended Hugh Ramsay exhibition @NGA quite a remarkable body of work

discomute

Reaction score
It's a great suit and a well matched combo. Usually I'm a big believer of black shoes with that colour of grey, but with that particular combo it's clear brown is the winner

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads