1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

ATTACHMENT: The Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by brad-t, Oct 21, 2012.

1. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

It depends on how you want to wear it, but most Attachment pieces tend to fit pretty similar through sizes because of the high armholes and tight chests. It might give you a bit of breathing room, but it's still the same piece./

Attachment N3Bs, on the other hand, are absolutely dope

Google image search for Attachment N3b
    http://goo.gl/XQKpx

2. tellure

tellure Senior member

I am not a fan of the flight jacket either but I seem to recall some people earlier in the thread were looking for them.

3. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Does anyone know if Attachment ever made a faux leather black DR biker jacket?

4. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I can't imagine Attachment has ever used faux leather, but I could be wrong. Why?

5. reedobandito

Yea neither can I, but some dude is selling one he believes to be faux, though he can't read the tags to be sure. Zips look like old RiRi zips that used to be on W+H hoodies, which leads me to believe it may be fairly old and so perhaps they did use faux leather way back when

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  6. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Yeah they switched to faux leather in 2006 because of the UK mad cow epidemic

ok i'm done

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  7. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I had heard that Attachment quality like 10 years ago was not great, but ... faux leather. Hm.

8. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

so, there's lots of Attachment on Rakuten right now at really low prices, but the condition is mostly rated "C." Sadly, the listings don't really say what the flaws are.

Has anyone bought "c-rated" stuff from that site before? I've heard japanese sellers usually overstate damages/flaws, so maybe it's not that big a deal?

9. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Question for NicelyNice – do you know anything about Attachment shoe sizing? I usually wear a EU 43, and a 27cm in Japanese shoes. Attachment's 27cm equivalent seems to be 42 – does that mean that Attachment's EU sizing scale is one size large?

10. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

Well, as a point of reference, my carpes were listed as B condition, but they had very little wear on the sole (like at most, they were tried on at the store once or twice) and a few superficial scratches in the leather. They may have downgraded the condition because the dust bag and the box were missing. Nothing major, but if it were in that condition in the US, it'd probably be passed off as a display model new.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  11. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Does Rakuten bring in the items and rate them? I just assumed that was the seller rating it, like an ebay auction. Never shopped there so don't know how it works.

12. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

13. reedobandito

So here's the auction I was looking at for the "Faux leather" biker jacket by Attachment. Dude says its untagged but the previous seller told him it was faux. Honestly, even if it is, $40-50 is a pretty damn good price. Thought about buying, but then realized it would prolly still be too small and what do I need another black biker jacket for:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261178412859?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

14. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

i doubt that's real attachment

15. wurm

wurm Senior member

yeah that seems fake

16. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

17. reedobandito

Yea that was my next thought...

18. reedobandito

Ha what a goddamn dick!

19. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

Didn't even put some of his own pics... crazy!

20. qwertgfdsa

qwertgfdsa Member

I got a "C" rated attachment product recently. I will probably give it a 7/10. There are no big holes or something but you could easily tell it is a used item. What I don't like is that it has a strange smell. Maybe from some kind of air refreshers or cheap perfume, but I guess this is the inevitable risk one need to take when buying used items.